Well here we are. I bought into the whole Vera Controller thing about 6 months ago. Here are the facts.
- I have a Vera Plus Controller that constantly disconnects, mind you… It’s new, I connected to internet so Vera could spy on me and shove marketing in my face but that’s it.
- Any Zwave, Xwave, Microwave sht devices have a range of about 3 inches. So what if battery life is good if you can’t connect.
- Any Iot devices or Controllers should be setup with private VPNs and we should have to connect to Vera for our sht to work.
- Vera cant even fix thier website so mobile view displays correctly with typical Web browsers. How long do before you think their crp business fails.
- This was by far the biggest waste of time and money on cheap sht from China. The only sensible solution for Hot wireless devices like this is to use a standard wireless protocol that has great range and goid battery life not to mention actual security… It’s call WiFi 802.x! Why would I ever waste more time with these H1b Visa job stealing hacks from India? When I can pay 4 dollars a piece for Sonoff WiFi devices that are hackable with free open source software OpenHab and the likes?
Vera… Please go out of business soon. Your support suks.