Vera Plus requesting FW update from 1.7.4453 to 1.7.4833 (What and Why?)

‘Oooops’

(Yes it is a complete sentence!!!)

Well I mean clearly it wasn’t but a button like that on the forum software would have been nice!

C

Well, had to press 3x reset and after that twice reboots, restore Zwave NW. First big disappointment after Ezlo bought Vera.

Same here with mine only the power light on, had a Vera for years now and never had a problem with firmware, sent a ticket to support, not sure how I can get this sorted or if it can be sorted.
Hope I get a reply back from support soon

Had the same,just power light and after some time Internet flashing. Hard reset helped.

same here, but i have bigger issue. i can not SSH, i have no more lan connection to it and every combination of pushing reset 3 or 6 times does not have any effect. i tried to push reset for a longer time but also no effect. i am afraid i have a dead unit thanks to this FW upgrade.

any thoughts?

Patience is the key. It takes over an hour to finish and you WILL see some funky stuff, reboots, weird names etc. during the process of upgrading.

P.S. Don’t power cycle during the entire process even if it seems hung, which it will at times.

So, trying to reset over ssh didn’t work for me - waited almost an hour, then power cycled the unit. It came up in the same broken state. Then I tried resetting by pressing hardware reset button 3 times - it worked right away and the unit came up clean.
Then I tried restoring the backup I made right before the failed upgrade, making sure I checked the “Restore Z-Wave network”, but it didn’t restore Z-Wave devices for some reason…
So will be trying again. What an ordeal…

Similar issues here. Had the power light steady and internet light flashing for over three hours. Cycled power and it didn’t come back. Did the reset button 3 times to reset the network settings now I can get back on but my configuration is gone. Trying to restore a backup now.
Vera what did you do?

Too many bricks for me. Thx mates for testing and sharing.

1 Like

for some strange reason… my unit came back online. i finally could reset the network and restore my backup. it indicates i have the new FW still…it looks like some sort of loop after the initial FW upgrade, not sure though…

I was able to get a backup restored successfully, however I had to go back a few days. The one that I did right before the update seemed corrupt as it din’t contain my configuration.
I wound up performing a hard reset and restoring. I’m not sure whether the hard reset was necessary or not.
The controller seems a bit more sluggish on this firmware.

Same as everyone else with a VP. Upgraded, let it go for 4 hours, just power and blinking internet. Rebooted, same thing. Had to hit reset 3 times, let it sit for 5 min, then power cycled and it came back up with no config. Was able to restore from a backup I did right before the update and everything seems ok now.

Edit: spoke too soon… edited my network settings to advanced so i could turn off the built in wifi, and controller went down again. Had to power cycle it again… but it came back up… we will see if it stays stable.

Oops, this one happened to be my own fault - was trying to restore a 2 year old backup that was made on the exact same day in 2017…

Now, this is really weird! I had to restore from backup the second time, because Z-Wave part didn’t restore the first time. On the second time it did restore Z-Wave network, but it is really old, like some devices that have been removed from my network over a year ago! The strange thing is that I had to restore Z-Wave network at least 2 times in the past few months and it worked fine and restored my recent network, not the one this old…

Same here, it showed up as an upgrade and should be done not a beta!!!
W
ps it had a count down timer, I waited at least double that before I did the recommended power cycle.

Vera Pro bricked. Too late to full reset tonight but will try to fix tomorrow. So many bricks yet the update is still out and suggested? So many hours ahead of me :frowning:

Bricked!!! No way to reset on the device can’t SSH to it. Ridiculous

Another dead Vera Plus here, can SSH and " 403 - Forbidden" browsing to it.
My friend upgraded too and the exact same thing happened to him.
Tried /usr/bin/cmh_Reset.sh all and it would not boot either, power cycled, now I have power and WiFi on, internet blinking. I can also see the “mios_xxx” wireless networks which I had off before.

Trying resetting with button…

Bengie

Did an upgrade on my VeraPlus before I read this post. wish I hadn’t.
It has been 3+hours. Solid power light and flashing internet light. No response.

1 Like

Same here. 403. Numerous reboots, physical resets, ssh resets, and a few tries to restore backups and a few more reboots later. I’m back and working.

The lack of response from Vera (EzLo) is disheartening. :frowning:

The knowledge of the forum members and their willingness to share is the only reason I’m able to use my Vera Plus tonight.

Multiple reboots and resets later I am now restoring. Looks like it is back up.

4 hours im not getting back. Lesson Learned.!!