Vera Plus UI7, Danfoss Link RS-Z Temperature Sensor and Fibaro Wall Plug

Hi all.

I have a Vera Plus that I so far have been using to control lights in our house. For temperature control I have been using a Glamox system that is not connected to network, so now my time has come to include som Z-Wave temperature sensors and relays to control the temperature in our house. In our living room my idea was to use the Danfoss Lnk RS-Z Temperature Sensor together with a pair of Fibaro Wall Plug relays to power on and off the electrical heater panels. The heater panels have a mechanical thermostat that I would set to temperatur above max wanted in the living room. Since the Danfoss Link RS-Z Temperatur Sensor has up and down buttons that can increase or decrease the wanted temperature setpoint, I believed it could control the Fibaro Wall Plugs whenever the measured temperature passed the setpoint (+/- some hysteresis setting), but so far I have not figured out how to associate the Danfoss Link RS-Z with the 2 Fibaro Wall Plugs. Ideally the Danfoss sensor would order power on or off directly to the Fibaro Wall Plugs. The Vera Plus controller should be allowed to change the temperatur setpoint in the Danfoss Link RS-Z either based on which scene is selected or which temperature I (temporarily) select manually from the UI7 or Android App.

Unfortunately the documentation for the Danfoss Link RS-Z does not tell anything how to associate it with the Fibaro Wall Plugs, and I guess this is due to Danfoss’es idea that the users would use a Danfoss controller and thermostat.

I have been looking into the Scene creator in Vera UI7, as well as using the PLEG Plugin, but so far I have not had any luck in using the Danfoss Link RS-Z the way I explained above. Both the Scene Creator and the PLEG editor limits the triggers to “Ambient temperature goes above/below X degrees” or “Thermostat HEAT set point goes over X degrees”. I would expect the trigger to be something like “Ambient temperature above/below (HEAT) set point”, but this is not an option. Hence, I cannot create a scene that uses the set point together with the measured temperatur to control the Fibaro Wall Plugs.

Thanks in advance for your help in solving this.

Hmmm… Suddenly my first try with PLEG did work! That is, I now have a solution where the heater panels power off when the ambient temperature is 0.5 C degrees above the set point in the Danfoss Link RS-Z and turns on the panels if the temperature is 0.5 C degrees below the set point.

Now I also found a way to update the set point temperatur from the Vera Plus based on time of day.

gantonjo Can You explain how did You do it, please?