Vera secure and 2gig DW10

Does anyone know if verasecure supports both loops in the DW10 sensor. I am sure it supports loop 2 being the internal mag switch. I am more interested if it supports loop 1, the external normally closed circuit for external mag switch. On a 2gig system the same sensor is added twice, once of each loop supporting 2 windows.

Does anyone know?

Hi there,

I’ve just tested the 2GIG DW10 and it seems that for the moment it can only be used with the magnet. it’s detected as 1 single device, and the wire probes do not seem to work.

I will report this to our development team, so it can be added as a new feature in the upcoming firmware updates.

Thanks! It will cost me extra to start up my Vera secure however, this could be real important to someone upgrading a 2gig or Honeywell system using there existing sensor setup.

[quote=“Sorin, post:2, topic:197150”]Hi there,

I’ve just tested the 2GIG DW10 and it seems that for the moment it can only be used with the magnet. it’s detected as 1 single device, and the wire probes do not seem to work.

I will report this to our development team, so it can be added as a new feature in the upcoming firmware updates.[/quote]

And here it is, 8 MONTHS later, with no solution in any firmware updates! >:(
It would be better if you just said “we will never provide an update in your lifetime if you are over age 60”.

Any updates? I want to put this into a small project box and use it with a relay for a power outage sensor. I would love to use loop 1 (external wires) on this device as it is small.

No other problems with it.

I current am using an ECO door sensor with wires attached to the external screws. But it is too big for the project box. I guess I could get a bigger project box.

I really need to use the loop 1 (external wires) on my patio door because of the small size of the DW10. So how do I get the folks to put this in their firmware from over 2 years ago? Can I repost this somehow in a new question that will bubble up the forum to the folks that can help?