Vera Secure, battery issue

Brand new Vera Secure…
My Vera Secure battery is getting lower and lower with charge day after day…
Zero devices attached…

Shows 4h Life I guess it should be 8 hours?

What is the problem?

So nobody is not having any problems with VeraSecure battery charging?

Or do I have the first ever VeraSecure on my table ;D ?

I have seen in other reports the battery is designed to discharge to about 91 percent, then recharge to 100 percent. Your issue seems way outside these parameters.

I have a vera secure… felt compelled to respond. I have nothing else for you other then the “file a ticket” line.

Good luck.

I have had my Secure up about a week, and do not see this issue. Usually between 97 and 99%…

Thanks…mine is getting lower and lower, now 60%, so something is false.
Have to check the power adapter specs and maybe measure the output!

Mine is at 74% and has been for a few days. I’d be interested in hearing if you find a solution.

I’m hesitant to call support because, unlike some who have very positive experiences with support, my experiences are usually average at best. Their typical answer is “restore from backup” as is the case for the current ticket I have open. (My Vera has “forgotten” all of my Schlage Door Lock PIN codes in its management tab and now the notifications when someone unlocks the door no longer works.)

Subscribing to see this through with you.

Thanks for bringing it up.

Is there kind of ‘startup procedure’ for the battery management…I mean first days let the battery go down to certain level and then charge fully etc.?
Have to follow it couple days and see…12.27VDC was the output from the power adapter and it feels quite cool in hand.

I have mailed one other thing to support and waiting respond for that, not the quickest … maybe this week is little ‘slow motion’ one :wink:

Hello there,

Sorry about that. We are a little back up from holiday vacations.
Can you please PM me your email address used with the ticket, so I can make sure this is taken care of ASAP?

The battery issue is localized and new one will come. Not just information when, it seems long lasting to figure the delivery.

Down to 9% at the moment 8)

Glad to hear it. My ticket has been dormant for over a week. Crickets!

Replacement suggested and done from Vera’s side (nice from their side, can’t argue about that)
Replaced it before new year, and still currently at 95% and about 8 alerts for the battery charge.

Does anyone know how the thresholds for charging/discharging can be adjusted so it doesn’t always freak out ?

Now charge level is 0%, thus backup zero minutes and I’am coming crazy because nothing heard from Vera how/what they are going to do! :o :frowning: :-
What to do?

I tried to take Vera OFF (when 0% level) and let it cool down, then back on … started charging somewhere up to 30% and then stopped, then continued with discharging.
I am quite sure that it is a HEAT problem, either the battery or the device or both, or is it a design shortcoming.

Maybe I try with some blower to cool it and see how reacts.

Would like to know if people have this kind of battery issues or device works just fine concerning this?

I think, must have a new complete (functional) device in place …

@Roots. This is not normal. If under warranty I would seek a replacement. Mine goes down to 91 percent then back up to 100. This is normal and by design.

Good luck.

Hello, Roots

We can surely help you with that. Sorry to hear about the battery issue.

Do you already an existing ticket with us, on this matter?Can you PM me your details so I can have the team proactively contact you ? We would love to turn this around for you, ASAP.

Done that…Also emailed with support:

xxxxxxxyyyyyyy ▾ Senior Customer Care Advocate Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control www.getvera.com ▾ support@getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

Latest I have claimed to arrange me replacement for whole unit. ASAP.

This Vera project (new with Vera) has not started under happy stars, can not buy any ‘slave’ devices before I’m sure having a functional base in the form of a Home Controller…
Until now, based on this experience, confidence has not increased…hopefully it will turn around some point. 8)

Still waiting for response from Vera support for this issue, simple case but lots of days and weeks… :frowning:

I hear calling them is very effective.

…also dropping them a line/message on their FB page seems to work well.

i face the same problem. Battery slowly drowning. Today at 66%, after reading this topic i thought about a heat problem (there is no ventilation for the battery). For testing i turn verasecure off (sitch under the cover) unplugged the battery and let it cool down. Then plugged it back, fixed the tamper switch and started vera again. Now its charging again. If there is now drowning i consider to make a few ventilation holes in the cover.

Or is this problem related to something else? (btw. is it possible to buy a replacement battery, if its necessary sometimes?)

regards Florian