VeraMobile for Android 7.30.204 - 03-June-2019

I made the mistake of updating to this version and is it won’t accept my password. It works fine using a browser, but always fails with the app. I’ve even reset my password, but still a big NO.

https://support.getvera.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I’m sorry, here you go.

I just got a couple random push notifications that said test. Maybe they figured out their issue, I didn’t change anything on my end.

+1 I just woke up to these as well. Literally.

Yeah - what’s up with the “test” message sent to my phone at 6:03 AM?

Hi everyone,

I’m sorry about that. Explanations here: Just got a "Test" push message on my mobile - What's up with that? - #7 by Sorin - General Discussions - Ezlo Community

After receiving “test” notification, I am unable to receive Android push notification, however iOS is still able to receive push notification

Weird thing for me is that I clicked on the test notification and it asked me to login and that finally worked! I have access to the app again.

I’m still intermittently not receiving notifications. I’m logged into the app, send a test alert and… nothing. This time yesterday it was fine.

I have push and txt notifications enabled.

Something is still not right here…

I have tried everything… cleared the app cache, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, disabled and re-enabled push notifications. I am not getting them anymore.

I see the alerts pop up in the app dashboard so I know they are working. Txt and email notifications are also fine. I’m simply not getting pushes!

For everyone playing along at home… here’s what support have said about the push notification issues:

I have checked our bug tracking system too and it appears that this is already reported. We are working on it and this should be fixed in the next mobile app update.

For the moment, you may substitute the push notifications with the SMS ones. I’ve also linked this case to the issue so we may prioritize it and have it fixed faster.

@Sorin - are you able to provide an ETA for us please?

Notifications don’t work for me either and for some reason my Vera Plus will not accept my phone number for SMS. Sadly, I’m now relying on email notifications.

I am entirely of your opinion, I too have tried all the solutions proposed on this forum and I still have no results.
Yet it worked well about 2 months ago and being based almost exclusively on the security it does not suit me.
I also ask you, like you, to go back with a version that worked well.
Following the established contacts, it turns out that a team is working on the top here is the answer Please know that we are experiencing some issues with the Push Notifications for the Android App and we are working on it.

I have linked your case to the issue so we can have this prioritized and get it solved faster.
Thank you for your patience.

So let’s wait a while longer.

They sent a test message out successfully a few days after this issue appeared so it is fixable. Software updates on this platform have gotten few and far between, there used to be monthly software updates.

the funny thing is that with 7.30.204 push messages “were” working again
BUT… the second they sent that test message
that was it, thats when it stopped working again

In fact, I have notifications from time to time (with version 7.30.204 and android 9) and then
nothing, I empty the cache and I have some more notifications and nothing.
So, but emptying the cache at any end of the field is not a solution.
So to follow seriously.

Finally, waiting for the version that works, I personally came back to the version
7.28.159 which she has no problem with notification.
See you

So a whole month now with no fix, kind of makes this platform useless. @Rolling where did you get 7.28.159, I have asked support about getting an older APK and they ignore me.

1 Like

Thanks! Hopefully that works. I checked apkmirror before and didn’t look any more. Kind of given up on Vera…

Apparently the final version still does not work.

Version 7.28.159 sends well notifications pusch, SMS and emails, so we can say it works.

You have to search on the net for the file: VeraMobile ™ _v7.28.159_apkpure.com.apk or the links: https://apkpure.com/veramobile™/com.vera.android/variant/ 7.28.159 APK.

Download it and install it on the android smartphone and install it using APP Installer.

Be careful to uninstall the other version.

Then configure as normal (notifications, ringtones etc.) and it works.

Good luck.
Rolling