VeraMobile for Android 7.30.204 - 03-June-2019

I am on 204 as of this morning and it does NOT fix my issue.

I received version 7.30.204 this morning, June 5, 2019. Looking forward to trying the new geofencing.

@aschnell
its been a few hours and my app is not in the foreground and notifications still working
try full uninstall/re-install
clear cache and data if you must
approve all requests
allow to run in background on request
you will need to turn geofence back on to get the request
its off by default on install
if you have android 8 or 9 (oreo or pie)
disable battery optimization for the vera app so it does NOT go to sleep

barring all of that
if it still does not work
login to your controller
go to notifications for your user
disable then re-enable push

this should work

1 Like

I have tried all this. Even rebooted my Vera and still no notifications. Support is telling me to add a phone number? So what i can get txt messages? Not sure how many times i can reiterate that PUSH notifications don’t work. Never had a phone number in there before used to work until the last 2 beta releases. Something broke (at least for me) and is still broken. I’m on Pixel 3 with Android 9. And you want people to rely on this for home security?
Can i just get an old apk, just send me that so i can sideload…

no number needed
heck, no email needed either for push
but at one point i did need to
-uncheck push
-apply
-check push
-apply

also be 100% certain that you disabled battery optimization for the vera app after re-installing it, and also after every update

some apps actually ask you at installation (to disable battery optimization for the app)
the vera app still does not
its a manual task and needs to be repeated on install/re-install/update

Updated the app on my Samsung SPH-L300 which shows as compatible in the play store. App launches and I get the dashed spinning wheel briefly then screen goes blank and app goes into background but remains open. Also tried clean install after clearing data and uninstalling and re-installing. Same result.

@Tarkus, please log a ticket with our Customer Care team, using this link. We may need to have a closer look at your setup.
LE: https://support.getvera.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

how old is this phone
does it even run android
if so what version
i was only able to find Samsung SPH-M300 which is a flip phone from 2007

Yep it is old, not a flip top though, model is actually SPH-L300, ran every previous version of Vera Mobile without a problem other than Geo fencing being hit or miss. Reverted back to previous version for now.

acording to GSM areana
the android version for this phone maxes out at
4.1 (Jelly Bean), thats api level 16
9.0 pie is level 28
i dont know of too many applications that support below api 21 sometimes 19
that is ancient, it may just be compatability issues

As a sidenote, the use of “as I said before” and “as noted/referenced/mentioned earlier” is considered condescending and not the best approach to working with anyone whether they be co-workers or outside vendors, support, etc.

Just a little helpful guidance. Have a great afternoon!

1 Like

Perhaps, this is 4.12. I use the phone primarily for calls and text and serves me well in that regard. My other mobile devices which are Android current are wifi only. Will upgrade phone eventually.

thank you
you are correct
i could have used better words

however
you must admit that the level of dismissal was quite frustrating
especially given that the other thread shows they were aware

Fair enough, but why drop yourself to their level? Always take the high road!

Sorin, What link are you referring to?

I made the mistake of updating to this version and is it won’t accept my password. It works fine using a browser, but always fails with the app. I’ve even reset my password, but still a big NO.

https://support.getvera.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I’m sorry, here you go.

I just got a couple random push notifications that said test. Maybe they figured out their issue, I didn’t change anything on my end.

+1 I just woke up to these as well. Literally.

Yeah - what’s up with the “test” message sent to my phone at 6:03 AM?