VeraMobile iOS (Beta) Release notes

Release Notes 3.18(30)

Major improvements and bug fixing for the new VERA Application - 3.18(30)
The efforts were concentrated around improvement and stabilization.

One change to note is that enrollment for the Beta version of Vera Sentinel and Vera Protect is now closed. These services will be made available again in a general release in the near future.

As noted above, this is a major release that includes bug fixes and improvements to all areas of the app and will result in a more stable app with improved functionality.

The top fixes include:

– Stabilized pairing wizard
– Stabilized and improved flows for adding new devices, rooms, and scenes
– Improved camera streaming
– Added ability to remove snapshots and recordings and delete Hot Zones
– Eliminated known issues to improve overall user experience

Please note that many changes were also implemented in the backend. These changes will improve the user experience but may result in errors for those using older versions of the app. Because of this, we recommend updating to v 3.18(30) as soon as possible.

As always, the feedback we receive for our BETA app, from our users is highly appreciated, so please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Thank you!

[quote=“Sorin”]Release Notes 3.18(30)

Major improvements and bug fixing for the new VERA Application - 3.18(30)
The efforts were concentrated around improvement and stabilization.

One change to note is that enrollment for the Beta version of Vera Sentinel and Vera Protect is now closed. These services will be made available again in a general release in the near future.

As noted above, this is a major release that includes bug fixes and improvements to all areas of the app and will result in a more stable app with improved functionality.

The top fixes include:

– Stabilized pairing wizard
– Stabilized and improved flows for adding new devices, rooms, and scenes
– Improved camera streaming
– Added ability to remove snapshots and recordings and delete Hot Zones
– Eliminated known issues to improve overall user experience

Please note that many changes were also implemented in the backend. These changes will improve the user experience but may result in errors for those using older versions of the app. Because of this, we recommend updating to v 3.18(30) as soon as possible.

As always, the feedback we receive for our BETA app, from our users is highly appreciated, so please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Thank you![/quote]
Where can we find release nots for 3.19 please?

3.19 only contained few hotfixes for some corner cases scenarios

The mobile team pushed 3.20 today which, among other improvements fixes some connectivity issues for users that had special or awkward characters or symbols in user data.

What i dont get.

All.over the forum Melih talks about new hardware, new firmware, from the ground up, etc. But the most communication about something new is an app for ios? Why all that fudge for an app on an old platform? Vera, can you enlighten me?

I have an Iphone 5C and I can no longer update the Vera app. I noticed that the latest is version 3.21 and I am stuck on 3.17. When I try to download the new update it keeps saying that “it’s not compatible with this device”.

App Stores says 5S, but not the 5C.

Here is the list: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) and iPod touch.

The full page is: ‎VeraMobile™ on the App Store

[quote=“Don Phillips, post:6, topic:200212”]App Stores says 5S, but not the 5C.

Here is the list: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) and iPod touch.

The full page is: ‎VeraMobile™ on the App Store

I’m aware of this, so what do I do now. Go and buy another Iphone. Doesn’t make sense that it doesn’t work on the device because the firmware (10.3.3) on my phone is compatible.

A few day ago the devices, rooms and scenes names in the app change to gibrish… instead of hebrew.
On both iOS devices (me and my wife).
On the web browser it?s looking fine.
What?s changed in the support of the hebrew language in the app?
See attached photo.
Thank you for your help.

Someone else has reported the same issue, in another thread.

I don’t recall seeing a response. You may need to raise a ticket. Hope it gets answered

C

How do I open a ticket?

I reported this in the other thread and also opened a support ticket.
The response I got was , this is known and being worked on but I didn?t get any date for fixing.

Waiting:)

[quote=“nirgal, post:11, topic:200212”]I reported this in the other thread and also opened a support ticket.
The response I got was , this is known and being worked on but I didn?t get any date for fixing.

Waiting:)[/quote]

Last 8 years I nver received a date for a fix. They always copy-past the standard vera response.

Very disappointing…
Hope it will get fix soon
The app is useless with this problem

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,114258.msg437763.html#msg437763

It is mentioned here:

The initial issue which was the inability to connect to your controller, for users that are using languages with special characters, has been hotfixed through the latest firmware, which restored the ability for these users to connect to their Vera units with the tradeoff that the special characters won’t be displayed correctly until the final patch which is due to be released later this month.

"The latest available VeraMobile 3.22 pushed today should fix many of the connectivity related issues some of you have. If it doesn’t please log a ticket with our Customer Care team so we can look this up.

A tradeoff for this hotfix is that although connectivity issues should be fixed, some language encodings with special characters might not resolve correctly. This will be addressed later.

Thank you."

@Sorin

I saw that before but since you don?t write which encoding is working or not working , people update and lose the ability to use their iOS app .
Hope this will be fixed soon.
BTW - with a Hebrew character the normal encoding is UTF8

I’m not sure exactly about the affected encodings :-\ but I know that the solution for this issue should hit the stores to after 22nd of January if everything goes well with QA.

Glad to see some action again and that you are support the current system.

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn?t see any update in the app store…