Veraplus Compatible Zigbee Devices ***Let's Get This List Going***

I’ve done several searches to see if there were any topics relating to lists compiled for what’s working and what’s not… Just installed my first Zigbee Device (GE Link Connected LED Light Bulb) and it paired with no problem… Let’s start a list so that we can help each other.

SmartThings Multi Sensor - mostly OK - adds as a windows/door sensor and seems to work fine.

I did get a timeout on the config (maybe a one off) and it added a spurious _Scene Controller device showing configure failed. The inbuilt temperature sensor wasn’t detected.

Quirky / GE Tripper door window sensor is working correctly and configured very easily. I am not seeing a battery indicator though. Not sure if that is a problem or not. But either way I am happy!

-bob

GE link bulbs seem to be hit or miss. They all pair but not all are detected as a dimmable bulb although the image is a bulb. Shows as a plugin control. It may be that some of my bulbs had an earlier firmware.

Edit
Seems the interface eventually fixes the lights and they now function.

I tried pairing a Lutron Connected Bulb Remote (looks like a Pico, but uses zigbee). I got it paired, but kept getting messages that it was losing connection. Also wasn’t able to get it to successfully trigger anything.

This is my first Vera though, so it might be me.

Although when it was paired it only showed as having on/off, not the dim buttons. Probably Vera would need to add some profile/device info on UI7 to properly support it.

[quote=“ShawnParr, post:5, topic:191115”]I tried pairing a Lutron Connected Bulb Remote (looks like a Pico, but uses zigbee). I got it paired, but kept getting messages that it was losing connection. Also wasn’t able to get it to successfully trigger anything.

This is my first Vera though, so it might be me.

Although when it was paired it only showed as having on/off, not the dim buttons. Probably Vera would need to add some profile/device info on UI7 to properly support it.[/quote]

I had the same experience with the connected bulb remote. I also notice that they become disconnected a lot on my Wink hub.

Tried to Pair a Philips Hue White Single bulb. This is a simple controllable bulb, no color change capability.

" Tried to Pair using a Generic Zigbee. Bulb was “discovered” but could not be configured.

JohnRob

1 Like

Okay, update to the Lutron Connected Bulb remote (LCBR).

1. Pair a GE Link light to Vera Plus
  2. Pair the LCBR to the Vere Plus
  3. Use the LightLink pairing method to pair the LCBR directly to the GE Link light

The LCBR will now act as a physical switch with all functionality for all lights you pair it with in this method. If you don’t pair the LCBR to the Vera Plus first, it will not pair with the lights (LED on remote doesn’t start blinking, light doesn’t fade in and out). Obviously with this method you can’t use the LCBR to trigger scenes or anything like that, but if you have some zibgee lights you want to have a local physical switch control for convenience it does this.

In my situation this is exactly how I would like to use them. I can still automate the zigbee lights with Vera with scenes, and someone walking up has a wall switch to just turn on the dern lights. :slight_smile:

Similar worked with the Hue hub, however in that case I discovered you had to NOT pair the LCBR with that hub, but have the bulbs paired with the hub first. The Vera Plus acts more like how I understand the Wink hub works process wise. I’ll see how it goes long term as r636 mentioned issues with his wink and the LCBR. However most recently I was using them completely standalone, no hub, just paired to the link lights, and it worked 100% flawlessly. Just like a wired Lutron dimmer.

Tried to pair a Yale Real Living Zigbee Deadbolt and it said it paired fine but when going into the plugin control of the device I get the following error Error executing function undefined(): plugin_info is not a function and nothing shows up.

For those who have not found the official Vera compatibility list, the link is below.

http://getvera.com/compatibility/

JohnRob

[quote=“JohnRob, post:10, topic:191115”]For those who have not found the official Vera compatibility list, the link is below.

http://getvera.com/compatibility/[/quote]

This can’t be the official list… There is only a single open/close sensor? Am I missing something?

I have successfully installed the 2nd generation door/window (contact) sensor that Lowes sells for the IRIS system. At first it wasn’t reporting its open/close state, but overnight after a heal, it started to report properly.

@Bojangles,

Does that sensor have a temperature sensor as well? And if so, is the temp being reported?

-bob

I was wondering if they were compatible. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I tried and tried but could not get the 2nd generation door/window (contact) sensor to pair. How did you accomplish this?

Thanks @Bojagles! Is that this one?

http://www.lowes.com/pd_388558-41166-DWS901_1z0v12n__?productId=3735305&Ns=p_product_price|0&pl=1

[quote=“rbakley, post:13, topic:191115”]@Bojangles,

Does that sensor have a temperature sensor as well? And if so, is the temp being reported?

-bob[/quote]

It doesn’t report the temperature. I also noticed that it doesn’t report battery condition either.

The first time I paired it, it showed as a Scene Controller. I unpaired it, and tried again. That time it paired as a contact sensor. It does not report the temperature or the battery condition, so it does need some further work on compatibility.

For so many reasons I find this hilarious
I found this on the their website:

[url=http://getvera.com/portfolio-posts/centralite-pearl-thermostat/]http://getvera.com/portfolio-posts/centralite-pearl-thermostat/[/url]

[b]VERA PRODUCT SCORE[/b]

To qualify, all Certified Partner Products must meet Vera?s stringent product criteria and achieve 6 out of 10, or better, in our rigorous 100-point testing and validation process.

[quote author=Bojangles link=topic=36354.msg270919#msg270919 date=1456107581]

I’m not having any luck pairing a IRIS door/window sensor either. I’m selecting Add Device / generic zigbee device, install battery and press the button on the inside of the zigbee door/window sensor to get the green LED to start flashing. Does not discover the zigbee device. I must be doing something wrong