VeraPlus does not recconect to wifi after power failure

I have a VeraPlus with the latest firmware and connect to the internet via the wifi connection. While there have been some recent changes to some of the parameters and UI for setting up network configurations, mine does not seem to stick through a power failure.

I configured the VeraPlus to manually connect to a wifi network. I perform a scan, find the wifi point I want to use, enter the security key and the VeraPlus connects. When I go into network settings I can now see the wifi hotspot I have selected to connect through (this is new as you could not see this before).

However after a power failure, the VeraPlus never reconnects to the wifi hotspot. I am not sure why and I cannot take a look. The internet and service lights continue to flash after the power failure. In order to resolve I have to run a long network cable form a switch, reset the network settings via the reset button on the VeraPlus, and then reconfigure the manual wifi hotspot point again. This is very frustrating.

I don’t want to move the VeraPlus as this is a central spot and the closest wired connection would put it in the corner of my house and my house is 70 foot long.

Is anyone successfully using the manual wifi and surviving power failures.

Not a direct answer but homeplug and a cable connection might be a solution?

C

This is a known issue, most likely your AP changed channels on reboot…very will only connect to the wifi channel specified on wifi setup.

This is super annoying since no we all want our AP to be able to choose a clearer channel should it so desire.

Hopefully someone is looking at the forums and realizes just how crazy it is to say to people “pick a static channel”.

/ end rant