VeraPlus has no bluetooth setting in menu

My veraplus has no Bluetooth setting in the menu. not sure what happen to it?
i have a veralite for many year and decided to go ahead and upgraded to the plus. i transferred my network backup to the plus and the Bluetooth setting is now gone. i defaulted the plus and it still gone. do i need to return it for a another one.

Not until they actually support bluetooth, no.

C

Veraplus does support Bluetooth i saw the setting in the menu before i did the backup from my old veralite…
anyone else out there know what going on here.

If you say so, chap :wink:

C

Catman are a tech support from vera or a end user?

I’m just an end user.

I know the marketing puff says the Plus supports Vera, but having been on here for some months, I’m also very very sure that in its current FW version, it simply does not. Mine has no BT options either.

I really don’t mind if you don’t want to believe me, I might well be wrong :slight_smile:

The forum has a pretty good search function, or just raise a ticket with the support desk.

C

Ok thanks bud . i believe it has Bluetooth function now i saw the setting in my menu before i loaded my backup from my lite. and i see many info about it on here too about the Bluetooth too. i bought my Veraplus from amazon i have 30 day to exchange it. i believe i will do that and start from scratch and not load that backup.

I wish you luck…

C

It’s disabled starting fw 7.30, but it was not really supported even before. It was just a gimmick feature never implemented.

OK… That make sense why i saw it there in the menu just before it did it own upgrade all by it self and just disappeared afterword. i wanted to test it and see what i could do with it…i was hopping i could do some automatic music when i walk in the house.lol
i was thinking it was because of the Restore Z-Wave network i loaded from my vera lite that did it… that why i was here asking. thanks for the info…

It was a botched feature to begin with. What use were you intending for bluetooth? I think for automation it ended up never picking up momentum mostly because of a lack of topology management and shortness of range. Bluetooth never made any sense to me from the beginning.
The only device I remember was an august lock which even went as far as adding a ac powered bridge close to the lock so as to convert the bluetooth signal to wifi or zwave…

In my experience BT mesh networks are not reliable, need line of site and limited to 15-20’ range which for most people would mean a no-go. After all that you can start talking about the non-standardized protocols… It’s gotten better but dont’ forget the Plus is based on older BT version 3.0 maybe or was it 4.0? I don’t think mesh upgrades were until 5.0.

What did you want it for?

Best Home Automation shopping experience. Shop at getvera!

© 2020 Vera Control Ltd., All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy