Veraplus Integration with Google Home

Happy Holidays!

I’m new to the forums but not home automation. Like some of you out there…I started my home automation with the X10 product being ‘roped in’ with the $1.99 Firecracker starter package.

After retiring my X10 products 15 years ago, I’ve decided to give it another try. My kids didn’t know what to pickup for me for Christmas so I suggested the Veraplus.

We have a fair investment in the Google home voice assistant.

During the setup process of my Veraplus, I did notice it only supports the amazon Alexa and not the Google home device.

I called Vera support this morning to inquire if the Veraplus integrates with Google home and the response was no but did state it will be available sometime in January 2019.

Has anyone been able to integrate their Google home with the Veraplus using a work around?

Being in the technology field for the last 30 years…I’m very familiar with vapour ware and empty promises. Can anyone confirm if Vera is actually rolling out native support for Google home?

Thank you!

You saying January 2019 is the first I’ve heard this and it’s a hot topic in the forums. I’d be surprised if it happens before January 2020.

There are work-arounds like the Vera Concierge that is covered in the forums. I’m not sure how well that is still supported, though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hi and thanks for starting this thread.
I understand a seamless integration might not be available just like that. But please post whatever you hear on that topic.

Meanwhile, what are the recommendations on which bridge solution to use? I don?t mind runnng something on my Sonology, or even something else I could let running all day long to support this. Either a windows machine or a raspberry or something.
Please advise on what is the simplest way to get Google Home and Vera to talk to each other.

Thanks in advance
NenneJKG

[quote=“Nameless”]You saying January 2019 is the first I’ve heard this and it’s a hot topic in the forums. I’d be surprised if it happens before January 2020.

There are work-arounds like the Vera Concierge that is covered in the forums. I’m not sure how well that is still supported, though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk[/quote]

I connected to http://veraconcierge.com. There?s a splash advisory at the top of each page - Google has temporarily removed the concierge agent.

Is the Vera Concierge still supported?

Sorry for the newbie questions.

yes, it is. I had a problem recently and Richard responded after a couple of hours.
The only issues with Vera Concierge I had was with the google end.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

[quote=“pls90”]yes, it is. I had a problem recently and Richard responded after a couple of hours.
The only issues with Vera Concierge I had was with the google end.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk[/quote]

What issues did you have on the Google end?

things that were working fine for quite a while just stopped working, e. g.
“set kitchen door to 60%” would suddenly be answered with “I dont know how to help you with that yet” instead of moving the blind.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk