VeraPlus Zigbee chip + ser2net? Also, what zigbee chip is it?

I currently don’t have any Zigbee devices. I’m hoping to get started by adding some Ikea Fyrtur blinds, but those don’t appear to be supported yet, and it’s uncertain when, if ever, they will be. I already run Home Assistant, and don’t want to buy another hub. So, I thought it might be really convenient to be able to use the Zigbee chip in my VeraPlus with Home Assistant! Does anyone know what chip is used? Also, has anyone used ser2net with the Zigbee part, while keeping the Vera fully functional for ZWave?

In case anyone else comes across this, I believe I’ve succeed in my goal.

1. Install ser2net:
    opkg install ser2net

2. Modify /usr/bin/Start_LuaUPnP.sh:
    At about line 14, add:
    mv /dev/ttyS2 /dev/ttyS3
    /usr/sbin/ser2net -C "3300:raw:0:/dev/ttyS3:57600 8DATABITS NONE 1STOPBIT"

3. Reboot

4. On Home Assistant, run:
    /usr/bin/socat -d -d pty,link=/dev/zbvera,ignoreeof,user=homeassistant,group=tty,mode=777 TCP:192.168.20.112:3300

Now Home Assistant can use /dev/zbvera for the native ZHA integration.

The Zigbee chip in the Vera is a Silicon Labs Ember chip, which uses the EZSP protocol: Using a Vera Edge as a network-attached zwave device (skipping the vera software) - #49 by rafale77 - Share your Projects! - Home Assistant Community

This does permanently display " Zigbee : Failed To Start" at the top of the Vera interface.

1 Like

did you try to ad it manual using -1 att autoconfig and 13 at last config? than state what the device is? i started adding zigbee to my vera plus and now gott like 40 zigbee devices running, all but the boch motion sensor i had to ad manually, but they all work perfectly, even some xiaomi smoke detectors work.