Version 1.4.3 (development)

If you can get the file to /etc/cmh-ludl/ on the Vera, you should be able to play/PlayURI http://vera-ip/port_3480/filename.mp3

1 Like

I have not had a chance to test this yet but will be nice to have some support for this top tier app. Thanks for your efforts Rigpapa

1 Like

I have some newer play 1’s and they have a different hardware revision which means they are not recognized with the correct icon. So i modified the I_sonos1.xml file a year ago to fix that.

I did that by adding the following in the corresponding section:

elseif (values.modelNumber == “S12”) then
model = 6
end

(The S12 is the play 1 with the newer hardware revision, the S1 is the other one)

Maybe you can add that to the repository.

Will be testing more with my Sonos setup…

Thanks @rigpapa for the work on this.

I will try to do the same thing as you, hoping it will work for me

Appvalley TutuApp Tweakbox

I made an update today in the stable branch on Github with several tweaks, particularly handling of icons and improvements with respect to the timing of polling (used when UPnP Event Proxy is not installed).

Testing and feedback appreciated as always.

I have 4 Sonos devices (from the app store plug-in) that work sporadically.
Do I need to uninstall the old plug-in before using this from github?

At this point, I think that’s probably the best course of action. Start with a clean slate.

Worked like a charm, thanks for great work!

Do you support responsive voice tts with this new Sonos plugin?

That’s the reason I got involved with it. RV was broken, I could see how to fix it. At least for the moment. These things are moving targets, you know.

My RV has been working fine for quite some time now.

You’re welcome.

I greatly appreciate your development work but i was referring to the original old sonos app and RV tts

I know, I was just kidding around. But that would make you one of the lucky ones, and maybe you just didn’t notice. But there was an issue with the use of wget to retrieve the sound file; changing over to curl resolved it. It’s quite possible that the change they made that perturbed wget was reversed later. In any case, curl is a better long-term fix, along with using the new direct URL instead of the one requiring a redirect.

The full list of changes is in the head post on this topic, actually.

I can’t find the list, can you give me the link please ?

Appvalley TutuApp Tweakbox

Just scroll up to the top of this thread, or, in the right margin, there’s a vertical timeline that says “Jun 30” at the top–click that date and it will bring you to the first post.

Hello
I notice my url for responsive voice is
http://code.responsivevoice.org.
My TTS is working on 1.4 but I notice a 30" delay at times. Could it be the redirect you mention above? If so can I simply change the url to https://code.responsivevoice.org
or must I uninstall the old app and reinstall your 1.4.3 ? Any idea when 1.4.3 becomes official?
Thanks so much for your work not only with this app but throughout the forum.

Yes, just change the URL. The stable branch version uses HTTPS by default.

Release timing… probably soon. A lot going on in the developer world right now.

BTW, TTS requires a request to a remote web server, response, and then another request by the Sonos to the Vera. Latency will always be an issue for TTS. Now, 30s is not expected, but delays in the fetch from RV are going to happen. Unfortunately, as they say, it’s worth what you paid for it.

Thanks Will do.
Do we need to uninstall the Sonos 1.4
Version then install the new improved 1.5?
Or will it overwright the previous install.

You should be able to install 1.5 over any existing version.