Version 1.4.3 (development)

Hi Patrick,
Testing it out and so far so good. It works from the TTS page on the device as well as a action in Reactor. Also works from the Test Luup code window. Don’t usually send to multiple speakers but will test it out see if it is working. Really appreciate your looking into this.

Roger

Group behavior appears to be working, at least for the Say command in Reactor. I was able to broadcast to three different systems simultaneously. Tested joining to devices together from the Group section and that works.
Did find an issue with the Player section. I can kick off a Sonos Favorites selection from the app and it will start to play, however it never updates the status in the Player section or the devices main page.
Roger

OK. I’ll poke at that. Do you have the UPnP Event Proxy app/plugin installed, or are you operating in polling mode? If you are not sure, go to the “Settings” tab. It will tell you there if the proxy is being used (right above the “Debug logs” controls near the bottom).

UPnP proxy is in use.

Roger

Thank you Patrick for looking into this! :+1:
This might be a bit OT, but is it possible to have the Sonos play a mp3-file from the SSD-drive that´s connected and is a part of my Extrooted Vera Secure? Today I have the soundfile on a NAS, but doesn´t seem reliable, not longterm as least.

1 Like

If you can get the file to /etc/cmh-ludl/ on the Vera, you should be able to play/PlayURI http://vera-ip/port_3480/filename.mp3

1 Like

I have not had a chance to test this yet but will be nice to have some support for this top tier app. Thanks for your efforts Rigpapa

1 Like

I have some newer play 1’s and they have a different hardware revision which means they are not recognized with the correct icon. So i modified the I_sonos1.xml file a year ago to fix that.

I did that by adding the following in the corresponding section:

elseif (values.modelNumber == “S12”) then
model = 6
end

(The S12 is the play 1 with the newer hardware revision, the S1 is the other one)

Maybe you can add that to the repository.

Will be testing more with my Sonos setup…

Thanks @rigpapa for the work on this.

I will try to do the same thing as you, hoping it will work for me

Appvalley TutuApp Tweakbox

I made an update today in the stable branch on Github with several tweaks, particularly handling of icons and improvements with respect to the timing of polling (used when UPnP Event Proxy is not installed).

Testing and feedback appreciated as always.

I have 4 Sonos devices (from the app store plug-in) that work sporadically.
Do I need to uninstall the old plug-in before using this from github?

At this point, I think that’s probably the best course of action. Start with a clean slate.

Worked like a charm, thanks for great work!

Do you support responsive voice tts with this new Sonos plugin?

That’s the reason I got involved with it. RV was broken, I could see how to fix it. At least for the moment. These things are moving targets, you know.

My RV has been working fine for quite some time now.

You’re welcome.

I greatly appreciate your development work but i was referring to the original old sonos app and RV tts

I know, I was just kidding around. But that would make you one of the lucky ones, and maybe you just didn’t notice. But there was an issue with the use of wget to retrieve the sound file; changing over to curl resolved it. It’s quite possible that the change they made that perturbed wget was reversed later. In any case, curl is a better long-term fix, along with using the new direct URL instead of the one requiring a redirect.

The full list of changes is in the head post on this topic, actually.

I can’t find the list, can you give me the link please ?

Appvalley TutuApp Tweakbox