Version 1.5, now in the Github repository’s stable branch, is on its way to becoming the next official release in the App Marketplace and AltAppStore. The plugin has gone through some restructuring, and has support for the first wave of new requirements for upcoming firmware, and improved support for openLuup.
ALL USERS OF ANY PRIOR VERSION OF THE SONOS PLUGIN ARE ENCOURAGED TO UPGRADE TO THIS VERSION.
To install from Vera App Marketplace (upgrades and new installs):
This is now the preferred method for installing 1.5 release candidate. If you have previously installed from Github, no problem. You can use this method to upgrade to the latest.
Request the following URL in a browser on your local network, supplying your Vera local IP where indicated:
Be patient. It may take a few moments for things to get started.
If you are installing the Sonos plugin for the first time (no existing Sonos devices), go into the “Settings” tab of your new Sonos device and use Discovery to find your first zone player. To create additional zone player devices, go to Apps > My apps > Sonos and click the “Create another” button (and then use Discovery on the new device).
Alternate Method: Install from Github (upgrades and new installs):
- Go to the repository’s stable branch, here: https://github.com/toggledbits/Sonos-Vera/tree/stable
- Click the green “Clone or download” button and choose “Download ZIP”. Save the ZIP archive somewhere.
- Unzip the archive.
- Open the uploader at Apps > Develop apps > Luup files
- Drag all of the files you unzipped (not the folder) to the “Upload” tool as a group.
- After Luup finishes uploading and reloads, hard-refresh your browser.
If your Sonos devices disappear during the process, don’t panic! Just reload Luup one more time (and hard refresh your browser after) and they should reappear.
If you are installing this plugin for the first time (uninstalled old version before installing this, or never installed before):
- Go to Apps > Develop apps > Create device
- For “Description” enter:
- For “UPnP Device Filename” enter (better: copy-paste):
- For “UPnP Implementation Filename” enter (copy-paste):
- Press the “Create device” button.
- Go to Apps > Develop apps > Test Luup Code (Lua)
- Enter and run:
- Hard refresh your browser. Do not skip this step.
- Go to the “Settings” tab in the new Sonos device, and use Discovery to find your first zone player. To create devices for additional zone players, repeat from step 7.