Version 2.4 is available

New version in the app store! Contains a few small bugfixes, and the following:

[ul][li]Cancel button to discard edits in control panels[/li]
[li]Fallback URL for Web controls: if the first URL fails, the second one is attempted[/li]
[li]Added a ?silent? sound for silent Push notifications.[/li]
[li]New setting (Settings->General) to allow for instant (non animated) transitions between screens[/li][/ul]

By the way, an Android version is underway, but I have no ETA as yet…

If controls on your screen become inoperable after using the Cancel button when editing, simply hit the connection indicator to reconnect and reset the controls.

I’ve tested a couple of the features and updated threads, thanks.

Is anyone else having connection problems when remote? Upgrade works fine on local network, but has not worked from WAN. Never had a problem before 2.4. Anyone else? IOS 9.3.2

Thanks intveltr!

Off topic. I thought I read once that you may be working on a way to configure / create screens on a computer and then load them on your devices. Is that a thing or have I misunderstood?

Cheers

Oh and good news on android! That will give me an excuse to go buy a tablet dedicated to home control.

Will the android version be able to sleep, then wake when movement is sensed by the front camera? As the imperihome app does?

That would be awesome!

Creating configs on a PC may be easy once we finish the Android conversion. We’re using Xamarin for this, which is C# and can target Windows devices as well

iPad Kiosk Mode/Guided Access:

It appears that Guided Access may have been recently modified (perhaps latest IOS version or previous) as I can no longer wake the iPad using a Push Notification. Only if the iPad is already awake will a message appear as an alert.

Incoming Message
[msg]
OK

An alert requiring you to press OK to clear. Sounds no longer work in Guided Access…

Is there anyway, you can start working on support for HomeSeer too pleaseeeeeeee??? The way Vera is going, they may not be around for too long. Having HomeSeer support will be beneficial to everyone. You could probably even make more money with HomeSeer. HomeSeer users seem to be willing to pay a whole lot more for everything. We definitely value reliability.

@intveltr

I’m having to kill the HW process sometimes daily as It appears to just lose connectivity. Once I start HW back up, everything works again - that’s if I don’t change/add anything. I have a small setup (1 page), in fact it’s merely (until these issues are resolved) Hue light groups, locks and a few other sensors at the moment. Another issue is the fact that if I didn’t save my config during these halts, once restarted - it’ll drop back to the last saved. I first noticed this when I first installed HW on a fresh iPad Pro - I would lose everything until I finally started to save after each add or modification. I also wonder if what’s occurring is also contributing to my issues with cameras. Of course I removed all the cameras when I first reported that issue.

What concerns me is no one else seems to be reporting problems like this as well as the issues. I know I can force the issue to occur but would logs catch such an event ? I guess I can at least try…

Thoughts

By saving, do you mean hitting the save button, or saving the config from the file menu? Until you hit the save button, changes will get lost if you kill the app. That’s not really a bug :slight_smile:

When you lose connectivity, what happens if you reconnect by tapping the connection indicator on the status bar?

I think it may be attributed to a specific sequence of events. Just now I added a sensor and hit the ‘save’ button. All was well. I then deleted the device and hit the cancel button. All the devices on the screen had ‘?’ below the description and were in grey. I then tapped the connection indicator (top right) and the status changed from “?” to perhaps a previous value (e.g. 0 for dimmer). All appeared fine but the controls no longer operate which now forces me to kill the app.

So yes. I get the fact that if I didn’t get an opportunity to complete adding devices, If I was forced to kill the app then I’d lose all changes up to that point. I was just reflecting that there were many factors at play - day one. New iPad Pro, new IOS and you had just released 2.4. I’d add one or two devices and sure enough the app would stop responding, I’d kill it and I’d have to start over. I eventually adapted and started to save every change.

I’m going to reset the instance and see if I can get logs for you later tonight…

Thanks…

[quote=“intveltr, post:11, topic:192549”]By saving, do you mean hitting the save button, or saving the config from the file menu? Until you hit the save button, changes will get lost if you kill the app. That’s not really a bug :slight_smile:

When you lose connectivity, what happens if you reconnect by tapping the connection indicator on the status bar?[/quote]