Version 4 feedback

Hi Akbooer,

I just installed version 4 by a forced download from the app market right over the existing plugin and installed just fine. It looks great. Only thing I see is that the CO2 for the additional module does not show the nice fluffy cloud with colour but the NetatmoMetric_0.png dial.

BTW; I also looked at the now standard Netatmo ‘support’ and installed that. It is a version created for Orange France looking at the file names and also because bits of text are in Frence and I don’t speak a word of that. I must say I like your version a lot better. Only nice bit is you can call up the same graphs as on your Netatmo phone app. For the rest, don’t bother.

Cheers Rene.

Thanks for that… they must just have approved the new App Store version.

Your’e running UI7? Odd about the icon, since all non-standard devices are now the same device type, and the icons are drawn fromGitHub URLs.

Earlier versions of the plugin used to be able to plot data, but I removed that since I thought you might as well use the Netatmo app itself!

I haven’t looked at the built-in support… don’t even know how to access it!

Hi Akbooer,

Yes, quite happy with UI7 lately so all but my test Lite are running it. The icon ‘problem’ must have been a ‘getting settled’ one. It now has the nice fluffy cloud :D. I also like that you show the battery status for all modules. truly a great job on this new version.

The ‘standard’ Netatmo you add via the Add device option. It shows under Thermostats. The procedure is looking funny, but that maybe because some of the Frence words that show and do not mean anything to me. It does not show as an app under Install Apps. Only yours is showing there when searching for netatmo.

I do see one variable in the Orange version that is interesting. There is the HaDevice1 variable HideDeleteButton that seems to suppress the standard delete button for a device. Can be useful for child devices.

Cheers Rene

Just insatlled v4 from the AppStore on a cleaned-up UI5 system. Everything went absolutely smooth, great work, thanks for this!
@akbooer: You may have a look to the two appended screenshots, where you will see that some icons are different shown in UI5 and AltUI. More interesstingly the different CO2 icons in Bedroom/Dining and Living.

Hi kullematz,

I had the same thing on UI7 initially. It corrected it self after a while. Maybe try a reload of luup and browser.

Cheers Rene

[quote=“Kullematz, post:4, topic:190857”]Just insatlled v4 from the AppStore on a cleaned-up UI5 system. Everything went absolutely smooth, great work, thanks for this!
@akbooer: You may have a look to the two appended screenshots, where you will see that some icons are different shown in UI5 and AltUI. More interesstingly the different CO2 icons in Bedroom/Dining and Living. [/quote]

What you’re seeing here is a combination of three things

[ol][li]a by-product of the fact that v4 child devices are of a different type than before[/li]
[li]those monochrome icons are an optional set from a very old release[/li]
[li]not downloading the additional UI5 required files from GitHub[/li][/ol]

All fair enough, since I haven’t documented this well. What to do depends on what you want to see. I note you are showing me both UI5 screens and AltUI. This actually is a problem, because it turns out (I think) that UI5 does not implement dynamic icons correctly for URLs, whereas AltUI does.

If you wanted UI5 to show correctly, you’d have to use the UI5 icons and .json files from the GitHub UI5 folder. If you prefer AltUI (and who would not?) then the files you have are just fine (it is, after all, a UI7 emulation.) I don’t think you can have both, unless I am missing a trick (suggestions @reneboer?)

So long as you do not mind you child device IDs to change, then I suggest the following for a start:

[ol][li]change your ChildSensors variable from THCPRW, or whatever, to X (just something invalid, but not blank.) Reload: your child devices should have disappeared. [/li]
[li]change ChildSensors back to what it was. Reload: you should see new child devices with the correct icons (on AltUI.) [/li][/ol]

What this fixes is the fact that your current child devices are still using the old device type definitions. A look at their device attributes should confirm this.

Let me know how it goes!

Edit: Actually, you could also just rebuild your openLuup system from a startup.lua file and see a marked improvement too.

[quote=“akbooer, post:6, topic:190857”]So long as you do not mind you child device IDs to change, then I suggest the following for a start:

[ol][li]change your ChildSensors variable from THCPRW, or whatever, to X (just something invalid, but not blank.) Reload: your child devices should have disappeared. [/li]
[li]change ChildSensors back to what it was. Reload: you should see new child devices with the correct icons (on AltUI.) [/li][/ol]

What this fixes is the fact that your current child devices are still using the old device type definitions. A look at their device attributes should confirm this.

Let me know how it goes![/quote]

Just to be clear, before I installed v4, I deleted v3 incl. all the Netatmo files, some 40 or so.

As recommended in your post above, I did step 1 and 2 and got (AltUI) monocrome icons with the exception for Noise and Pressure, they are (dynamic) color. The Co2 icons are as well color as long as the ppm is below 1000, thereafter monocrome. Under UI5, all icons are monocrome.

OK, can you post a couple of snapshots, just so I’m clear?

Did you see my edit to my previous post? Can you just rebuild the openLuup system = I think it’s retained the old device files in the user_data.

I’m not on openLuup, I’m still on UI5 only.

Just made some screenshots, which are appended hereafter.

And here is another one…

Oh yes, sorry, my mistake. However, you ARE using UI5 and AltUI.

Just made some screenshots, which are appended hereafter.

So, I understand from this that:

[ol][li]Your CO[sub]2[/sub] has sorted itself out - this I would expect by about 30 seconds after a reload (when the plugin actually updates the measurements for the first time)[/li]
[li]Your temperature and humidity devices show incorrect icons. This is because you are still using the old modified version of their .json files, which I once published to enable to show additional information (units and max/min temperature icons.)[/li][/ol]

Upgrading was supposed to be easier than this!

[ul][quote=“akbooer, post:11, topic:190857”]So, I understand from this that:
[list][li]Your temperature and humidity devices show incorrect icons. This is because you are still using the old modified version of their .json files, which I once published to enable to show additional information (units and max/min temperature icons.)[/li]
[/list][/quote]

Just checked D_HumiditySensor1.json and D_TemperatureSensor1.json in my system, both are (unmodified) originals.[/ul]

OK, I lost the plot there for a while.

[ul][li]It’s true that you will only see dynamic icons on either UI5 (if your install the UI5 json files) or AltUI (if you stick with the App Store distribution.)[/li]
[li]Your icons look different because you downloaded an alternate set a while ago. [/li]
[li]Do you want to see something different?[/li][/ul]

None of this would have been a problem but for the apparent UI5 bug with dynamic icon URLs (which I’d be pleased if someone else could confirm or deny.)

As I said, I deleted v3 from the sytem, all Netatmo files incl. all corresponding .png’s, even the temperature and humidity .png’s.
Therafter I installed v4 from the App Store, no further json files and no additional icons.
After that, I got none-dynamic icons unter UI5 and only some (see screenshots above) dynamic icons under AltUI.

It’s true, I downloaded an alternate set of icons a while ago, but everything was deleted (as I think) before v4 was installed. Even the two modifieted Temperature and Humidity json files, which I installed for v3, were replaced by the two original files.

akbooer, I don’t have any problems with the different look of the icons, I simply thought it could be interesting for you to know.

Good afternoon,

I just installed the version on the App store, dated Jan 26 2016. I’m running UI7, and for the life of me I can’t figure out why I am not able to get the plugin to connect, I always get an “authentication error”.

I checked the credentials multiple times, I restarted the vera, but still not luck

Any guidance would be appreciated

Regards

Hello Fellow user…

Have you already solved your auth. problem? I have got exactly the same as you mention, and can still nog work out what i am doing wrong.

Thanks,

Jan

If you’re using UI7, are you, in fact, ticking the box required before entering the appropriate text?

Goodmorning akboer,

Yes, boxes are ticked, 4 values added, it does save the values, but the failures stays…

Jan

…and you are, of course, sure that you have all the characters correct and have put ClientId and ClientSecret in the right boxes? One thing: if you have any non-alphanumeric character in your password you might just try changing it (on the Netatmo site) so that it doesn’t and trying again.

There is a non alphabetic character, will change that.