Virtual HTTP Light Devices, supporting RGB(WW), Dimmers, Switch and much more (Tasmota, ESP*, Shelly)

Recently added some sonoff rfr3 devices with tasmota. This is working great, thanks!

1 Like

I just published an update to my Virtual Devices Plug-in.

What’s new in version 1.5:

• support for async HTTP (out of the box on openluup, just download openLuup/http_async.lua at master · akbooer/openLuup · GitHub and copy with the plug-in files on Vera)
  • experimental support for setpoints management in Virtual Heaters (you know, the device will turn itself off if temperature is reached, and automatically on when temperature is not beyond the setpoint)
  • external device for temperature in Virtual Heaters (just set urn:bochicchio-com:serviceId:VirtualHeater1/TemperatureDevice variable)
  • small fixes, stabilization

Grab your copy from vera/VirtualDevices at master · dbochicchio/vera · GitHub

As always, 100% local, 100% apps friendly, 100% supported by Alexa (and Google Home, I guess).

1 Like

Great app - thanks for it.
One issue I have which is probably not due to it but Vera, 9 times out of 10 when I create a device it doesn’t appear on device list. I have to create it over and over and sometimes randomly it pops up finally. The funny thing is that I can pick the previous one on the parent device list if I create a subsequent one, even if it doesn’t appear on the UI… very odd. Any ideas?

Yep, it’s a new thing on the latest fw. The best approach is to create a new device and then restart luup engine.
I’ll probably offer a new version in the future with a master and children, so I’ll add a new button just to create a new device.

Super, thanks.

New v2 version here: Virtual HTTP Devices Plug-in v2 - General Plugin Discussion - Ezlo Community

A lot of new things added and new support for Scene Controllers.

1 Like

@therealdb
Good Morning!
I have two Shelly’s 2.5 installed in my house and running on Vera, but I can’t see the consumption on vera. I have to go to the Shelly’s app.

Is it possible to get Shelly’s consumption on vera? Thank you

Yes. You just need to poll your device, get the value, and set the Watts variable. If you want consumption as well, just update KWH under urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1.

I don’t have a Shelly 2.5, but meter data should be reported under /status endpoint, under meters. if you post a sample, I could create a simple script to poll it.

Sorry to ask, do you need the print from where? (sorry I don’t understand much!)
I wanted the instant consumption of shelly 2.5 to show up in vera

OK :slight_smile:

Go to http://youshellyIP/status and post back the result.

Sorry for the question do I have to be connected to the home network? It is that I am at work and when trying for his ip he says that it is not accessible

yes, you should be inside the same network.

OK! Right when I get home from work I see and send you!

This is it?
{“wifi_sta”:{“connected”:true,“ssid”:“The Godfather”,“ip”:“192.168.1.101”,“rssi”:-49},“cloud”:{“enabled”:true,“connected”:true},“mqtt”:{“connected”:false},“time”:“18:29”,“unixtime”:1602700175,“serial”:2916,“has_update”:false,“mac”:“98F4ABF35BEC”,“cfg_changed_cnt”:0,“actions_stats”:{“skipped”:0},“relays”:[{“ison”:false,“has_timer”:false,“timer_started”:0,“timer_duration”:0,“timer_remaining”:0,“overpower”:false,“overtemperature”:false,“is_valid”:true,“source”:“http”},{“ison”:false,“has_timer”:false,“timer_started”:0,“timer_duration”:0,“timer_remaining”:0,“overpower”:false,“overtemperature”:false,“is_valid”:true,“source”:“http”}],“meters”:[{“power”:0.00,“overpower”:0.00,“is_valid”:true,“timestamp”:1602700175,“counters”:[0.000, 0.000, 0.000],“total”:3696},{“power”:0.00,“overpower”:0.00,“is_valid”:true,“timestamp”:1602700175,“counters”:[0.000, 0.000, 0.000],“total”:6249}],“inputs”:[{“input”:0,“event”:“”,“event_cnt”:0},{“input”:0,“event”:“”,“event_cnt”:0}],“temperature”:54.69,“overtemperature”:false,“tmp”:{“tC”:54.69,“tF”:130.44, “is_valid”:true},“update”:{“status”:“idle”,“has_update”:false,“new_version”:“20200827-065456/v1.8.3@4a8bc427”,“old_version”:“20200827-065456/v1.8.3@4a8bc427”},“ram_total”:49504,“ram_free”:31480,“fs_size”:233681,“fs_free”:140811,“voltage”:242.22,“uptime”:4093887}

Yes, hold on while I try to write something.

1 Like

Hi! Do you think you can achieve anything?

I’m sorry, I’m busy right now. I’ll try to add it later this week.

oh, I’m sorry! I’m the one bothering you!

no problem. I’ll add as a general feature to the plug-in, so it takes some time to finish, test and release it.

1 Like

This is cool stuff! It doesn’t support security tokens, right? That would be really powerful. Maybe in the furure?