Virtual HTTP Light Devices, supporting RGB(WW), Dimmers, Switch and much more (Tasmota, ESP*, Shelly)

I just found that the latest Shelly fw doesn’t support On, but want on instead (so, case sensitive). I will update the plug-in very soon and provide two separate action for turning on and off.

You can use http://192.168.1.29/relay/0?turn=toggle to have it automatically toggle the relay. It could be out of sync, but it will work if you have the status in sync via the previous setup.

@therealdb No problem. I have everything working now, the only thing I still can’t understand is the state of the shelly. Imagine they have no internet connection, in the shelly app it appears as disconnected, but how can it be possible to see that? Can you use a scene in Vera?

Hi,

I installed all needed files on vera and created binary and dimmer devices, but for both devices the additional variables are not created. The tab ‘Variables’ only shows the variable ‘ModeSetting’ with value ’
1:;2:;3:;4:'.

Do I have to create the additional variables myself? What can be wrong?

Thanks

Look at implementation file. If empty, please run this lua code

luup.attr_set('impl_file', 'I_VirtualBinaryLight1.xml', 380)
luup.reload()

Where 380 is your device id.

My replies earlier were incomplete. After rebuilding my system this weekend I realized that I had left out much info needed to control Tasmota and ESPeasy switches from a virtual http switch. Here is a good instruction set that will help if you still need it.

Except the suggested plugin is not using standard device files, so it’s not supported on mobile apps.

Excellent plugin. Congratulations!
From Vera I can order Shelly but I cannot get the status if it is ordered from another application. In the web application Shelly tells me that the url is too long.
What should I do?

There’s a need for an handler. I’m adding this as a feature request and try to implement it in the upcoming release.

Thank you!

Hi @therealdb, first of all, thx a bunch for this great work.

let me tell you what i’m trying to attempt. I got ewelink and sonoff devices as well but I haven’t flashed them. I’m attempting to use IFTTT webhook link’s with sonoff/ewelink.

I’m at a point that I don’t see the variable SetPowerOffURL as you specified in Readme. I attempted to create it using Service urn:bochicchio-com:serviceId:VirtualBinaryLight1 and Variable SetPowerOffURL. But looking at LuaUPnP.log, it doesn’t really uses that variable, it always send the other one with the ON .

Am I missing or doing something wrong? Can you give me a tip? Thank you in advance.

Hi, please disregard. I just realized the version i had from the vera was 1.2.2 and the one you had in github was 1.3.1, I downloaded from github and sent to Vera and it worked now!! thx a bunch again, Great job!

Yep, I’m planning on updating it soon on the store as well.

@ therealdb

typo in readme at github

Heater
Upnp Device Filename/Device File: D_Heate11.xml

1 Like

Fixed. Thanks for letting me notice, it was quite invisible for me.

Hi @therealdb thanks for creating this plugin.
I have tried to get this to work with a shelly1 and i am able to turn the light on and off from the ui7 interface on my pc.
In the vera app there are no on and off switches.
I have uploaded the git files toupdate to the current version

what could be wrong?

Which app? Check under settings and report category and subcategory. I tested it under iOS, Windows 10 and Android and all render it correctly.

@therealdb
dear friend how are you thank you for youre useful plugin
have a question i have several sonoff device with tasmota fiirmware so i installed your plugin and set it up everything work ok but when i use local physical button of my sonoff devices i have not status change in vera ,
so could you please guide me how can i have also correct status change in vera whenever also toggle with local physical button on sonoff devices?

Hello dear friend how are you , I’m Sonoff user with tasmota firmware,i have many devices that flashed with tasmota , and as you attend just important problem with add them to vera by this plugin and http command is that switchs and devices don’t send their feedback status changing by physical buttons or RF remote so dod you find any way and solution to do that correctly and send their feedback to vera to update them? If you find a way please describe and explain I will be appreciate in advance :pray::hibiscus:

Just put a Rule to Tasmota, like described above.

1 Like

Exactly i done it base on your rule that you wrote and unfortunately nothing happened and not changed when using local physical buttons