virtual thermostat to control all physical thermostat.

hi,
is there any chance to get one virtual thermostat that will control all physical thermostat in house?
thanks for help!

The Smart Virtual Thermostat plugin could be the solution for what you are trying to achieve.
You can install it from the web UI of your controller, by going to Apps → Install apps.

hi,
i have installed this but cant connect more than one physical thermostat.
Could You plese give me some advise.?
Thanks!

You can create multiple Smart Virtual thermostats, using the following local HTTP request:

http://IP/port_3480/data_request?id=action&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HomeAutomationGateway1&action=CreatePluginDevice&PluginNum=2968

(replace IP with the internal IP of your Vera)

Ok but I want to have one virtual thermostat to control all physical , will this work ?

If you want all your thermostats to perform the same actions at a time, you can use the Virtual Thermostat device as a trigger in a scene.

Virtual Smart Thermostat seems to be designed just to handle switch-based control of heating/cooling. What I think is being requested… and what I would like as well… is one thermostat to act as a virtual thermostat across multiple thermostats for different systems. In my case this is a combination of a set of mini-split A/C units and baseboard radiator heat. I’d like to have one thermostat that when I adjust it adjust all of them.

Smart Virtual Thermostat has been replaced by Auto Virtual Thermostat.

The question I have is whether you really want another thermostat, or if you just want the setpoints (and possibly modes) of one thermostat to be mirrored to all the others? If that’s the case, you don’t need any virtual thermostat at all, just designate one existing, real thermostat as the master, and use @mcv.bogdanf 's suggestion (device-triggered scene), or Reactor, to respond to changes at that master thermostat and export those changes to the slaves.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately life isn’t simple. My baseboard heat is on a Nest thermostat. But because it doesn’t control the A/C those options can’t be set on it so it can’t act as a master. The mini-split’s are all individually controlled as is typically the case for these kinds of systems and there is no “thermostat” just a remote that can be used to control any one of the units (via IR). So I don’t really have a thermostat that is a candidate for a master I’m afraid. This isn’t as oddball a case as it might sound though. It’s not at all uncommon to add A/C to an older building using mini-splits and in any northern climate these won’t be able to handle the heating load so the solution is to keep your old radiator heating system.

What are you using to control the mini-splits from the Vera?

Right now IFTTT but I’m waiting for the existing Intesis app for Vera to support IP connected units like mine instead of just the IR controlled ones it supports now. The developer plans to provide that.

Yeah, that would be me, but so far, Intesis hasn’t been very proactive in getting me the API documentation. My sense is they prefer to keep it proprietary, or, they just don’t want to deal with a one-off developer like me.

Sorry, I didn’t realize that was the hangup. I got through to their people back awhile ago and they seemed responsive. I’ll reach out again and see if I can get them to respond.