Vision lock not including/excluding

Dear All, i bought vision door lock and tried to include it in my Vera plus but when i am following the include/exclude procedure ( C + 8 + 8 + 8 + turn the lock) nothing is happening. i tried to include or exclude using this procedure while being very close to the controller but nothing is happening at all.

anybody faced this problem before…

P.S. i find it strange that part of procedure is to turn the lock manually at the end because i think it is not turning the main cog which is connected to the motor, so i am not sure if turning the lock will generate any electric signal, but i might be wrong!

I included a Vision Deadbolt about 3 years ago, Im pretty sure the manual assumes you already have the lock mounted on your door, you could try one of the following;

1. Try turning the lock using the Key as im pretty sure all the Z-wave components are in the front part of the device.
  2. Put both parts of the lock together so the bolt extends/retracts when you turn the handle on the inside as that should move all the necessary parts in the lock in order to send the signal.

Hopefully you get that lock up and running, their a pretty solid device in my opinion.

It seems that the last move (turning the lock nob) is essential, and it was not working with me because the device was missing the sensor on the board that detects the nob movement. i filed for RMA and should get a new one.

many thanks all for the help :slight_smile: