Vistacam 1100 - Record When Motion Detected

I just installed a new Vistacam 1100, and it doesn’t seem to have much functionality exposed through Vera. Unfortunately, the only parts of the camera exposed to scenes are:
(a) the action of arming and disarming the movement sensor in the camera
(b) triggering on the movement sensor

Seems like there are missed opportunities. For example, the camera has a boolean setting “Record When Motion Detected”. I would like this setting to be set on and off with scenes. Even better, would be to have it as a custom setting for the four modes, as it generates a ton of useless recordings and notifications when in Home Mode.

Two questions to the forum:
(1) does anyone have experience of changing this setting as an action in a scene - presumable this needs Luup coding, which I haven’t experienced yet?
(2) does anyone else think that being able to access this feature in scenes would be useful and is worth of a feature request?

Hello NeilD,

Please know that this can be disabled from the My Modes section. If you head over to the dashboard and then click on “>” to “My Modes” then you will be able to customize each mode for your wishes. For example, the camera will trigger recording for the Away and Vacation modes only when the sensor is armed and it detects motion. However, you may disable that for these modes and then create a specific scene which will record or not, if the sensor is armed or not and it detects motion. The scene may be done with motion sensor as a trigger and the camera as an action. On the last step, select for which modes you want the scene to be available.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Thank you Radu,
I had already configured “My Modes” before posting the question. If I understand your reply correctly things are not working as they should. I have attached a picture of the “My Modes” section showing that the VC1101 movement sensor is disarmed in Home mode. With it set like this the camera still records in Home mode when the sensor is triggered.

That said, below in the section “What to do if an armed sensor trips” VC1101 was set to record. I had assumed that this only applied if the movement sensor was armed, but I’ve just turned the VC1101 record setting off for Home Mode in the hope that this fixes the frequent home movies. I will do some more testing and post an update.
Best
Neil

Update on this. I turned off the VC1101 under “What to do if an armed sensor trips” and it still continued to record in Home mode.

What I subsequently found is that there is a setting on the camera itself “Record on Movement” which I had turned on during camera initial setup. It seems that this setting overrides all the other software settings and makes the camera always record on movement.

If I want any degree of control over record on movement I have to turn the camera setting OFF, then turn it on by degrees on the dashboard Modes and Scenes.

Hope this helps someone else!