Vistacam 1200 Doorbell Cam

Bump! Can anyone from support tell us if this product is coming out or not?

http://getvera.com/vistacams2017-announce/

Hi there,

There are no productions issues but the development is still in progress. We hope to have it out by the end of Q4.

Will this being able to output a mjpeg or rtsp stream? Onvif?

Looks like this is releasing in 2018? lol. Its going need to have 1080p at least, since they’re already behind on the times… ;D

Any updates info? It was announced over a year ago we are now heading into q2 of 2018. Do we have a time frame or write this off and go for ring even though it wont integrate with vera?

We are making the making the latest arrangements with our suppliers.

Is there an ETA for this?

I second that! I’ve been holding off on getting ring as I want something compatible with vera. Fingers crossed this comes out soon.

Sorin,
Any further on this product?

Hello there,

We had some delays because of the manufacturing process and the fact that we want to be a seamless integration and experience. But the Vistacam 1200 Doorbell camera R&D is still going strong.

Hi Sorin,
If Vera Control wants to stay in the business and compete with the other rising stars (Google, Samsung and Amazon) they need to step up their game. Vera needs better communication, faster product development, more complete documentation. We shouldn’t have to search a forum to find the status of a promised product. I would expect up front communication on your website or twitter saying “Hey Vera enthusiasts we ran into trouble. Please hang on; our products are coming”. Then periodically update the communication. :confused:

These types of questions Sorin… “why do people cone to this forum to bash vera” is another thread about the support and communications.

It also seems that Marc left Vera: https://www.linkedin.com/in/marcshenker. He was involved in many of these sort of device support questions and promised a lot of exciting “new to comes”…

This is exactly what Vera should do better. The product is not that bad, but can be far more better! Hire some toppers of this forum and work on good documentation (better than currently), better zwave device support and you will be the market leader!

If anyone at Vera ever wonders why its users get so PISSED off with the company here is a perfect example. Why announce anything until you are ready to ship in a few weeks??? Hoping/wishing/praying is not what your end users want to hear. It seems Vera is consistent in missing almost every deadline it has ever promised, and do not let me get started on Bluetooth, or my favorite from years ago where we were told that Vera and Leviton struck a deal that Leviton was going to allow Vera access to its encrypted proprietary data in the switch so Vera can control all the special features. We were told it would take 8 weeks to get it implemented into Vera. Well that was from 2009, I am still waiting LOL

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,2037.msg12105.html#msg12105

I do not dislike the product, what I do dislike is all the BS that comes out of them, they have a great product but continuously screw up in delivering.

[quote=“Sorin, post:6, topic:197246”]Hi there,

There are no productions issues but the development is still in progress. We hope to have it out by the end of Q4.[/quote]

Would you guys happen be able to share a new date for the VistaCam 1200? I’m quite interested in it as it is one of the few doorbell cameras doesn’t require a cloud.

Thanks,
-Sharks

I to would be interested.

Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since, we don’t seem to be getting any responses here. : ( Hopefully they’ll same something here: EZLO Innovation booth at CES.

Has there been any progress getting this product to market? it appears that it was announced two years ago.

bump?

I am thinking to just get RING

Interesting. This thread is almost three years old, but there is a beta vera firmware announcement this morning (Beta - Vera Firmware for VeraEdge, VeraPlus and VeraSecure - Official Announcements - Ezlo Community) that mentions “adding support for the upcoming VistaCam 1200 doorbell camera”. Could it be that this product isn’t dead? And, if so, given that it has been so long, will it still be any good? :slight_smile:

Presumably it might be an Ezviz clone like some of their other cams. Maybe the Ezviz DB1 doorbell?