Vistacam Settings Instructions/Motion Sensor Sensitivity?

I am testing a Vistacam 1000. The issue I have is that it’s taking a lot of videos of nothing because apparently the motion sensor is tripping from vibrations or shadows or something. I can log in to the ip address and see all the settings but I am unaware of any information as to what they all mean, recommended settings, etc. And I don’t see how to adjust the motion sensor sensitivity.

I have a VistaCam 1101 and am having issues with getting the motion sensor to trigger recordings at all. Once I get that working I suspect though that my next issue will be tuning the sensitivity, so did you get anywhere with this issue?

I won?t claim to have any answers but I do have some experience with this. I?m on my 3rd and 4th vistacam 1101. I?ve gotten a lot of help from Vera but it has been inconsistent at best. My first camera worked ok until it got wet and quit. The replacement worked but triggered excessively. I contacted Vera to trouble shoot it and after several hour long sessions on the phone they decided to replace the replacement. In the confusion they shipped me an extra camera.
I wrote a review on Amazon reflecting the problems I?ve had. Vera decided to let me keep the second camera. Very nice of them.
I now have 2 veracam 1101.
One sort of works the second the video stream fails and the camera locks up and has to be power cycled before it will respond.
Vera decided that I had mounted the camera to high between 1st and second story. They sent me a linear pir motion sensor to pair with the camera. Then their tech help who was helping me set up decided the pir sensor was bad and they sent me a second one.
I still haven?t gotten them to reliably work.
The camera sensitivity is under advanced settings - variables. When the camera is reset this is shown as 70, but it is a variable scale of 0~9. Not sure why.
I?ve had little luck trying to tune the sensitivity.
What took a long time to find out was that in the dashboard under modes is a setting that the camera can records for any event so a lot of sensors I was using for other things were also causing unexplained recordings.
The incamera motion sensors also have sensitivity adjustment but that is much harder to explain.
The Vera sentinel has not drastically improved the camera performance either. It is in no way an intelligent program like NEST.
Anyway they are beautiful cameras to watch until they lock up but so far I?ve gotten less functionality out of them than my $35 zmodo s .

Sorry, never saw this. Mine was triggering excessively. I found the setting at:

Camera > Advanced > Extra Parameters > Variables > MotionSensorSensitivity

Clicked edit and changed that setting from 7 to 4 and everything seemed good. I have to note though, that this was in testing for a few weeks. I am currently working on the final install so the real test begins now.

I have similar problems with movement sensitivity on a Vistacam 1101. Lots of video of moths and spiders! I found the setting that @fullmoonguru suggested, and interestingly the default value from installation was 70. Time for some trial and error!