Volumio support

Hello,
Anybody have tested the Volumio (rasperry pi) renderer? Much better than XBMC for music control.

Thankyou

[quote=“save, post:1, topic:181504”]Hello,
Anybody have tested the Volumio (rasperry pi) renderer? Much better than XBMC for music control.[/quote]

I will try…

I tried Volumio beta 1.2 on a RPI.
This version does not embed a DLNA media renderer.
It embeds a DLNA media server but this server is not working well, browsing of the music delivers no media.

It looks like the version 1.4 has now the UPnP support. To be checked for plugin compatibility.

Tested.

Control by the plugin is now working very well with Volumio 1.4 8) The only problem is that track data are not displayed by the plugin. I will debug this problem.

Regarding Volumio as a UPnP server, browsing data by the plugin is not working well. I need to debug.

Apparently it is not yet implemented in Volumio. Maybe in a next version.

Regarding TTS, it is not working perfectly:
1 - the beginning of the sentence is truncated. Probably a bug in the Volumio player relative to the low MP3 bitrate used by Google. Same problem as in XBMC (don’t remember if XBMC has now fixed this issue).
2 - when restoring the track playback, only the current track is restored, the playlist is lost. It is because the plugin is not managing playlist.
3 - when restoring the track playback, seeking at the last position sometimes takes a lot of time. That being said, even when using the Volumio UI, seeking sometimes takes time.

Regarding the Volumio UI, I think they have done a good work. That is easy to use. 8)

Apparently, it is not well implemented in Volumio. BubbleUPnP does not do better than me on this side. When you request for example the list of artists, Volumio returns a valid XML but without nothing inside.

What has to be reminded in conclusion is that Volumio can now be driven as a UPnP renderer and it is working with my plugin.

I’ll test it. Thanks for your interest.

save

Very good job of Lolodomo, I have tested the plugin with Volumio, and it runs OK.
Only one question, What is “OSX TTS server URL” for?

Regards

It is the URL of your local TTS server. To be used if you have installed and setup an OSX TTS server that you would like to use instead of using Google TTS service.

OK Thank you

I have tested to run a scene with the following Luup code:

luup.call_action(“urn:dlna-org:serviceId:DLNAMediaController1”,“Play”, {URI=“USB/MUSICA/Pop_tranqui/CI- The end of everything.mp3”, Duration=15},666)

It makes nothing. The URI is OK, because it runs if I write it like you can see in the attached document

Regards

[quote=“save, post:13, topic:181504”]OK Thank you

I have tested to run a scene with the following Luup code:

luup.call_action(“urn:dlna-org:serviceId:DLNAMediaController1”,“Play”, {URI=“USB/MUSICA/Pop_tranqui/CI- The end of everything.mp3”, Duration=15},666)

It makes nothing. The URI is OK, because it runs if I write it like you can see in the attached document

Regards[/quote]

Of course, you have to replace 666 by your real device id. 666 is just an example in the wiki.

Volumio version 1.5 has been released. It would be interesting to check if they improve DLNA support.

Apparently it is not yet implemented in Volumio. Maybe in a next version.[/quote]

Good news, that is now available and working in Volumio 1.5.

[quote=“lolodomo, post:7, topic:181504”]Regarding TTS, it is not working perfectly:
1 - the beginning of the sentence is truncated. Probably a bug in the Volumio player relative to the low MP3 bitrate used by Google. Same problem as in XBMC (don’t remember if XBMC has now fixed this issue).
2 - when restoring the track playback, only the current track is restored, the playlist is lost. It is because the plugin is not managing playlist.
3 - when restoring the track playback, seeking at the last position sometimes takes a lot of time. That being said, even when using the Volumio UI, seeking sometimes takes time.[/quote]

With Volumio 1.5, the beginning of the TTS is still truncated and now the restore of the track is no more working at all.

Apparently, it is not well implemented in Volumio. BubbleUPnP does not do better than me on this side. When you request for example the list of artists, Volumio returns a valid XML but without nothing inside.[/quote]

Same thing in Volumio 1.5.

Maybe that is just I don’t understand how to trigger the indexing of the library or how to properly enable this feature ?

With volumio 1.5, I noticed that muting/unmuting the sound is working but apparently the mute from the plugin is not the same as the mute from the volumio UI. If I mute from the volumio UI, I cannot unmute from the plugin. The reverse is true. I will try to understand the reason.

Hi
Anyone got any suggestions on why the DLNA media controller plugin isn’t seeing my volumio renderer? the scan finds my other two Yamaha dlna devices, but I can’t get it to find the volumio with or without the upnp discovery installed. Any suggestion on what I should be typing into the manual url field.