Watercop integration

Hi all,

I bought a Watercop Zwave 3/4" water shut off valve. It’s intended to be a water shut off valve, but I am using it just as a valve. The ON position is actually closing the pipe, off opens it (a bit backwards in my application but it’s no big deal). Anyway, I am using it to control my misting system.
It works great, however, Vera constantly reports the node as “busy”, but it still works fine.
I suspect this is because it takes the unit a second or two to transition from Open to Closed (or close to open), but am not certain.

Is anyone else using this? If so, how are you getting around this? I setup the device as GE outdoor switch because there seemed to be no better fit, maybe that’s the issue… if so, what should it be?

I am thinking about getting a few of these. Are you still having the node report back as busy?
Have you tried calling Vera to see if there is a fix for this?
Curious. Thanks.

I have a Fortrezz Water valve, and I don’t remember how I included it exactly. It is grouped with my light switches in my devices, but switches from closed to open which at least to me makes more sense. It also remains busy for a while after it switches but can be switched back and forth during that time despite the message.

Can you tell me what device category and subcategory you have, and what are device xml and json files?

See attachment

I received the following information directly from Vera support and it now works great!

To reverse the ON/OFF status of the valve you have to go to Devices > click on the ?>? button for the valve > click on Advanced > New Service and fill out the input fields as follows:

New service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:HaDevice1
New variable: ReverseOnOff
New value: 1

click on Add > then click on Reload Engine.

Once the engine reloads the status should be displayed correctly. However you might also have to activate the valve in order for the status to update.