Wave Motion Sensor not compatible with Vera

I bought a ZOOZ Z-Wave Motion Sensor ZSE02, comes with an AC power adapter (valuable for use in a vacation home where I can’t just change batteries at any time) and claims to be Vera compatible.

Unfortunately my VeraEdge included it a a generic z-wave device. I tried changing it to a motion sensor by changing ‘device_type’ to ‘urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:MotionSensor:1’; ‘device_file’ to ‘D_MotionSensor1.xml’; ‘device_json’ to ‘D_MotionSensor1.json’; ‘category_num’ to ‘4’ and ‘subcategory_num’ to ‘3’. I then did a ‘reload engine’ and even rebooted my VeraEdge.

But none of that worked - while I can see that the device sees motion because its red LED comes on, no motion is reported to Vera.

Did I miss something? Any recommendations for what I can try next?

I have some ZSE040 motion, temp, humidity and lux sensors that are working fine with my Vera Plus. The only difference in the configuration from what you tried is that the device_json is set to D_MotionSensorWithTamper1.json so perhaps try changing that.

The issue may be, that motion sensors are security devices with a key exchange during setup so it might be useful to to monitor the vera logs during inclusion to see where during the inclusion process that it fails.

That said, I have found that clean rebooting the Vera JUST BEFORE adding a new device, improves the probability of a successful inclusion on the first attempt. You might try excluding the device, resetting the ZSE019 to factory defaults (check the manual on how to do that), reboot the Vera and then try including once the Vera completes reboot.

If your DIY troubleshooting fails, Customer Support is very responsive and will be happy to help.

If all else fails, the newer ZSE018 is purportedly compatible with Vera and also offers battery and AC as power sources.

Let us know how it turns out.