Websocket version of plugin for Hub version 206 and up.

Hi,

I have managed to change the communication to the websocket api not Logitech has removed the previous API with the 206 version of their Hub software.

Upload this to your Vera or openLuup system and it should all work again.

I had to do this quickly so i did not had too much testing time. If you find any issues please let me know.

Cheers Rene

It is working good now! Thank you! I am on UI5 and the latest Harmony Hub firmware of 206. I went to Apps… Develop Apps… Luup files… Upload Files… Browse… Checked Restart Luup after upload… Go. No issues yet, I will post this feedback in both threads.

I’ve just uploaded the patch file on my two Vera units both UI7 one is an Edge and the other a Plus.

The Harmony control is still working. However my Harmony hubs are still on the .201 firmware I have not removed my router blocks as yet.

Thanks again.

My email to Logitech CEO and the reply:

Stay tuned, Reed. And my apologies for the disruption. We will announce something soon. I?m really sorry for the disruption.

On Dec 21, 2018, at 7:38 AM, Reed Simpson reed@chelseagroup.com wrote:
Bracken P. Darrell

You recently updated the firmware in Harmony hubs to block any access from the Vera controller, thereby causing me to lose trust in your company policies relating to the Harmony produce line.
I have used Harmony products for many years ? Now you have given me a reason to look elsewhere.

See:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=28689.new;topicseen#new

[quote=“reneboer, post:1, topic:200280”]Hi,

I have managed to change the communication to the websocket api not Logitech has removed the previous API with the 206 version of their Hub software.

I had to do this quickly so i did not had too much testing time. If you find any issues please let me know.

Cheers Rene[/quote]

Awesome effort in getting something out so quickly Rene, much appreciated by everyone I’m sure.

Thanks Rene for a quick fix that actually works, saved me from downgrading all 7 of my hubs. You’re one of the few app developers that keeps their plugin up-to-date, need more people like you.

Hi Rene,

Thanks for the quick fix! I can’t get it working however on openluup. I’ve replaced the lua file in “/home/test/vera/cmh-ludl”, but I still get the message:

Error : Failed to get data from Hub.

This is my log:

018-12-22 11:49:48.628 openLuup.http:: GET /data_request?&id=lr_hamGetDevices8&serviceId=urn%3Arboer-com%3AserviceId%3AHarmony1&DeviceNum=8&timestamp=1545475788460&HID=&output_format=json HTTP/1.1 tcp{client}: 0x1a0d598
2018-12-22 11:49:48.628 openLuup.servlet:: No handler for data_request?id=lr_hamGetDevices8
2018-12-22 11:49:48.628 openLuup.http:: request completed (154 bytes, 0 chunks, 0 ms) tcp{client}: 0x1a0d598
2018-12-22 11:49:49.135 openLuup.http:: request completed (15923 bytes, 1 chunks, 1886 ms) tcp{client}: 0x1e44b18

I can’t figure out why it doesn’t work. I have restarted openluup and the harmony hub. The harmony app works fine.

hub version 206
plugin version 2.20

Hi RHCPNG,

Please make sure you uploaded the lua file at the beginning of the thread correctly. The version number should change to 2.28b. Make sure you reloaded luup.

Cheers Rene

I blocked the update but I’ve updated the Lua file. I confirm it’s working good.

I guess Logitech saw that perhaps closing the API was not that smart of an idea, we made our voices heard and now they will allow access.

[quote=“reneboer, post:1, topic:200280”]Hi,

Cheers Rene[/quote]

[quote=“reneboer, post:8, topic:200280”]Hi RHCPNG,

Please make sure you uploaded the lua file at the beginning of the thread correctly. The version number should change to 2.28b. Make sure you reloaded luup.

Cheers Rene[/quote]

Hi Rene,

I’ve uploaded the file correctly. I’ve looked at the permissions. When I go to the plugins section in AltUI and click on the file, it shows me the new version. I’ve reloaded luup several times, but it does not refresh to the new version somehow. At the device variables it keeps saying version 2.19. I have deleted all L_Harmony.lua files that were in openluup and uploaded it again, but no success.

Any suggestions? It seems like a caching issue of some sorts or maybe file corruption. I’d rather not uninstall the plugin.

[quote=“RHCPNG, post:11, topic:200280”][quote=“reneboer, post:8, topic:200280”]Hi RHCPNG,

Cheers Rene[/quote]

Hi Rene,

I’ve uploaded the file correctly. I’ve looked at the permissions. When I go to the plugins section in AltUI and click on the file, it shows me the new version. I’ve reloaded luup several times, but it does not refresh to the new version somehow. At the device variables it keeps saying version 2.19. I have deleted all L_Harmony.lua files that were in openluup and uploaded it again, but no success.

Any suggestions? It seems like a caching issue of some sorts or maybe file corruption. I’d rather not uninstall the plugin.[/quote]
I truly have no idea why it is not being picked up. I just posted the updated plugin in the ALTUI App store so you can also take that route to update.

Cheer Rene

If I update from the Alt store - will that replace the one I have installed nw and keep the same devices numbers etc - or will I need to “start over”?
I make extensive references to the harmony devices in PLG - so I would not want to re-do all of that.

[quote=“Chelseagroup, post:13, topic:200280”]If I update from the Alt store - will that replace the one I have installed nw and keep the same devices numbers etc - or will I need to “start over”?
I make extensive references to the harmony devices in PLG - so I would not want to re-do all of that.[/quote]
Should all be kept as is. There is a chance a new device instance is created on the No Rooms page. Just delete that and reload.

Cheers Rene

I had the same error problem. Been working on if for days. Uploaded reneboer’s Lua file and it’s working great.
Nice work reneboer! Great job!
Tom

How to upload the file?
The one on my vera is: L_Harmony.lua.lzo
not L_Harmony.lua

I have 2 harmony hubs. One was no longer taking external commands. I assume it got update to the 206 firmware. Downloaded the patch from here, Went to apps → Develop–> and uploaded to vera. it uploaded as L_Harmony.lua ( .lzo is a compressed archive). Restarted Vera and it worked like a charm.
Well done Rene !

Just got home and upgraded my three harmony hubs to the 210 version (dev version) which gets XMPP back. Is there any advantage to moving to web socket?

new lua worked fine. thx heaps

As a user it does not matter what interface. The websocket one has a tiny bit less overhead and for me as a coder is simpler to use.

I have updated the plugin to the websocket one now so you do not need to do any workaround. At the same time it seems that Logitech has stated that the XMPP version will become the local one to use for third party integration. I’ll believe that when they make the API details public. Maybe then it is time to switch back.

Cheers Rene