Websocket version of plugin for Hub version 206 and up.

Thank you a lot for the quick fix. :slight_smile:

Thank you very much for your fast work Rene!

Cor

I have two harmony hubs and after updating the L_Harmony file only one at a time seems to work. Any issues with having multiple harmony hub plugins activated at once? I get the hub connection set-up failed error on one of them. I have checked my ip address, username and password multiple times. If I disable one of the plugins, the other one will work but I can’t get both towork at once.

Hi,

I can have multiple instances to a single hub (as I only have one). There is a small bug in 2.28 when you add a new Hub to your setup. You have to then go into the plugin variables, change the UIVersion value, for example to 1 and then reload luup and refresh your browser.

Let me know if this does not help. If not please set logging to debug and share some of the log file.

Cheers Rene

Thank you Rene! That worked perfectly, I changed the UI version number in the advanced field of the plugin for the second plugin and now bother instances are working great.

Thanks again for your hard and fast work to get this plugin working after Logitech made the change.

-Matt

Hi Reneboer,

I just saw your version log. Can you elaborate on what improved for 2.29 regarding the websocket connection vs 2.28?

Edit: I just looked up on Github. Seems like some refactoring. I am still getting a new device when I upgrade though.

Edit2: Looks like you forgot to update the version number in the HData, It is still at 2.28. FYI.

[quote=“rafale77, post:26, topic:200280”]Hi Reneboer,

I just saw your version log. Can you elaborate on what improved for 2.29 regarding the websocket connection vs 2.28?

Edit: I just looked up on Github. Seems like some refactoring. I am still getting a new device when I upgrade though.[/quote]
When opening a web socket connection there is a key exchange for security. That is what I added as I initially couldn’t get that to work on Vera due to lack of some bit operations.
The new device is an openLuup thing. Due to the nature of the plugin some new device files get created for the specific configuration. On openLuup this is not detected as on a Vera and a new instance gets created on an update as it is a new install. The Multiswitch plugin has the same problem and it would require some openLuup changes to correct this. Or more complex logic in my plugin. I can add it to the to-do list, but I have higher priority items to do first. I will also contact akbooer on this.

I indeed missed that one. I’ll fix that.

Cheers Rene

Rene, you’re the BEST!!!

Uploaded your file as suggested, both harmony plugins (Living & Bath) are now working like a champ. You make it so very simple for us all. These Harmony hubs are a vital part of AV integration. Without your help, so many of us would be up the creek and using our expensive harmony remotes as paddles :stuck_out_tongue:

A sincere THANK YOU for all your efforts in the past and for sticking with the community to address these issues as they arise!!

Please be sure to give Rene a nice Karma bump folks. He absolutely deserves our support.

Rene,

Thank you for so quickly patching Logitech’s “lovely” decision regarding “security” I believe this whole community is grateful for your all your support!!!

I ran into an issue as I have 4 instances of the plugin (4 different remotes).

I get the following in the blue banner: “Harmony Control: Hub connection set-up failed. Check IP Address, email and password”

I verified that the IP address, email and password are correct on all 4 remotes

Typically a Luup Reload fixes this, but also another random Luup Restart also occasionally brings up this blue banner option, and not communication to Vera. Any ideas of fixing this? Is the fix as you mentioned with UIVersion in previous post? Perhaps a timing setting needs to be changed???

Thanks again!!!

[quote=“jadragescu, post:29, topic:200280”]Rene,

Thank you for so quickly patching Logitech’s “lovely” decision regarding “security” I believe this whole community is grateful for your all your support!!!

I ran into an issue as I have 4 instances of the plugin (4 different remotes).

I get the following in the blue banner: “Harmony Control: Hub connection set-up failed. Check IP Address, email and password”

I verified that the IP address, email and password are correct on all 4 remotes

Typically a Luup Reload fixes this, but also another random Luup Restart also occasionally brings up this blue banner option, and not communication to Vera. Any ideas of fixing this? Is the fix as you mentioned with UIVersion in previous post? Perhaps a timing setting needs to be changed???

Thanks again!!![/quote]
Hi,

Yes, for version 2.28 you have to tinker with the UIVersion variable, or you get the 2.29 version that corrects this. See the Veriosn thread for details.

And, creating this plugin was the best way to learn Vera programming. I’m a big user my self (of course) and just happy many others enjoy it as well. Who knows what Vera will do with Harmony in 2019, but until that happens and is better than this (and runs on openLuup) I keep this one active.

Cheers for a wonderful 2019.

Rene

Hi Reneboer,

A million thanks to you, all the way from Singapore here.

Also adding my thanks for the update, file uploaded and all working again like a dream. This is one of our most used apps as it turns off AV kit as part of a “good night” scene.

After the file update the app does not show the “b” version but thats a small detail, look forward to the update being available in the mios store.

A great app that really ties things together (we’d be lost without the Harmony integration).

Hello,
Thanks so much for creating. I am running on a vera edge. I’ve gone to developer mode and uploaded the LUA code. Didn’t work for me. I’ve tried updating from 2.22 and the normal app update doesn’t update. I can see the update in the AltUI app, but update from there still sticks at 2.22.

I am certain this is a user error
but can you help?

Thanks!!

Hi Paul,

In the first post in the version thread you have a link. Use that with your Vera’s IP address and it should update to the latest 2.29.

Cheers Rene