What mobile app are you using for creating dashboard pages?

The designer is very complicated not sure if i have the patience to learn it.

I managed to add a Harmony button to send a device command to my TV. And a button to run a Vera scene. No idea how to add a button for a Z-Wave switch.

And couldn’t figure out how to add new menu items to link to a new page.

It’s certainly not an app you can just pick up easy and start designing your dashboard pages

If you’re talking about Home Remote… egads(!) it would take an infinite amount of patience – and technical comprehension, and time, practically speaking – to set up fully, not to mention troubleshoot, no matter how modest your system.

While I consider it to have amazing potential in the right hands, for many it’s scarcely a step above writing your own JSON file, IMHO.

Yes we are talking about “The Home Remote”

I have created my first remote control page

These are Logitech Harmony buttons to control my Humax DVR box.

SkipBack button does not work for some reason but all the other buttons work OK.

The “On” button turns on the Harmony Watch TV activity. I don’t know how to create a button to turn off the Harmony activity.

Obviously the design layout and buttons icons could be improved but just playing around with it.

I can’t work out the difference between Groups and creating your own Pages in the Designer. I created a new blank page for this remote control and added grids and buttons etc.

Also if I change on the phone from portrait to landscape view in landscape its all messed up, so presumably you have to build the same pages twice? For different screen orientations.

This designer would take months to learn and to develop your own custom dashboard app.

1 Like

Honestly the designer feels like its better suited for a developer launching their own app out to the public, not so much for an end user. The Designer needs to be more streamlined to cut down time and complexity.

The designer ain’t easy I agree.

I can create “Groups” in the designer and then assign devices to those groups. These devices then appear using the default “tiles” as you can see in these screen shots.

And then you can create “Pages” and add your own buttons to that page as I did for the remote control page. However I don’t know how to add their “tiles” to pages.

Its all rather confusing.

Z-Wave lamps from Vera

Harmony activities from Harmony

These groups generated pages do auto rotate OK on the phone.

1 Like

HRDEMO

Home Remote

1 Like

I just realised if I click on one of the Harmony activity tiles it then brings up another page, a remote control page that the system has auto generated. So looks l like I don’t need to create my own remote control pages as it builds them for you !

This auto rotates OK as well.

1 Like

@Tarkus

I’ve been watching some of your videos on Youtube !

Home Remote Designer is not easy at all to get your head round.

But clearly if you know what you are doing you can create some amazing dashboards !

Yea that’s what I was saying, some things are better pre-configured. If only the designer could pull those pre-configurations and allow us to edit them.

Yes, definitely a learning curve if you want a custom interface but if users want to keep it simple they can use the auto generate feature. The developer is great and will go out of his way in helping with troubleshooting and easing the learning curve. He also has been known to implements features requests quickly when they make sense even if it is only satisfy one user.

I highly recommend.

John

I would assume you can copy the default remote control template and create a new template file. Change it and assign a particular Harmony activity to use that modified template etc.

I will try that next.

John have you got a demo video of your interface in action ?

Looks great !

If I select the BT TV activity on the left

I can see it using these default templates.

So I could copy those files rename them and edit them for this one particular Harmony activity I should think.

This demo is old. A lot has changed with my interface with Home Remote 3.0 but it will give you an idea. Eventually I will make a new demo.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao-vabBdIS3U-QMVOB6pyg6dx1je?e=YGYIZf

1 Like

Yes you can, always have a backup of your project in case you need to revert.

Would you be able to expand on the auto generate feature? I can’t find it on designer

Home Remote creates a stock template for you automatically. Once you add your Vera hub into Home Remote you need to start creating groups and add your devices to those groups… Please watch tutorial on device browsers. While the example I am working with in the tutorial is not the stock template it will still apply. If you wIsh to watch other tutorials from the basics to more advanced features then join the Home Remote Google group and look at the first post under How-to videos. The device browser tutorial is at the following link.

2 Likes

URL removed suspected spam.

1 Like

imperiHome registration page is not working

Welcome. Imperihome have gone bust I believe. There are several other posts

C