What to do if I have the original plugin?

Sorry if I missed this. I have a couple questions:

1. If I install this app, what will happen to all of the bulbs and scenes that are there already from the original hue plugin? Will it creat duplicates or do I need to remove all the bulbs and the original hue plugin?

2. Is the Hue dimmer remote supported by this plugin?

Thanks for the help!

For anyone wanting to know the answer to this. If ALTHue is installed alongside the original Hue plugin there will be duplicates until you remove the original Hue plugin.
Also Hue dimmer switches do not show up in ALTHue. This is a great plugin though! Well done!

[quote=“Peiloy, post:2, topic:199454”]For anyone wanting to know the answer to this. If ALTHue is installed alongside the original Hue plugin there will be duplicates until you remove the original Hue plugin.
Also Hue dimmer switches do not show up in ALTHue. This is a great plugin though! Well done![/quote]

For hue dimmer, can you give device #ID , device type, device json file ?
also the content of the ALTHue “Hue Data” tab so I can try to add it ?

[quote=“amg0, post:3, topic:199454”][quote=“Peiloy, post:2, topic:199454”]For anyone wanting to know the answer to this. If ALTHue is installed alongside the original Hue plugin there will be duplicates until you remove the original Hue plugin.
Also Hue dimmer switches do not show up in ALTHue. This is a great plugin though! Well done![/quote]

also the content of the ALTHue “Hue Data” tab so I can try to add it ?[/quote]

Sure! How do I find that information though as the dimmers don?t show up in the Vera at all.

[quote=“Peiloy, post:4, topic:199454”][quote=“amg0, post:3, topic:199454”][quote=“Peiloy, post:2, topic:199454”]For anyone wanting to know the answer to this. If ALTHue is installed alongside the original Hue plugin there will be duplicates until you remove the original Hue plugin.

also the content of the ALTHue “Hue Data” tab so I can try to add it ?[/quote]

Sure! How do I find that information though as the dimmers don?t show up in the Vera at all.[/quote]

in the ALHUE device , there is a “Hue data” section which dumps Hue bridge information ( like on attached screen snapshot )