When? Oh When?

I’ve been working through trying to get a concept I have to work, My idea is to have alexa use TTS to ask questions then use the reactor plugin and virtual switches for simple yes / no actions. But before I can try to figure out the logic to make this work I need vera to be able to send TTS to alexa, While I was searching for a solution for this I happened to notice that this as been being asked for like two years. I also noticed that Smart things, Hubitat, Homeseer, Home Assistant already have this feature and more. I know the last firmware was mainly aimed at stability.

So where are the integrations a lot of us been waiting for
Alexa TTS
IFTTT
Ring doorbells
Nest Camera’s
ect, ect

Hubitat has had alexa TTS for seven plus months already for reference

Thanks

1 Like

I run a similar script on my Linux box.
I think it should be easily ported to a native app, but I don’t see any value (since I offload non- z-wave stuff to a Linux box). It’s ok but it’s fragile and a hack that Amazon could stop anytime.

Yeah I know there are a bunch of ways to make this work outside of vera, But I don’t really want to add more hardware and the question was more aimed at Mios themselfs,

When will vera have the same features as alot of the other HA hubs?

Thanks

The one you linked is in fact a community plugin.

as I said, I’ll not produce a plugin that is hacking their site - and I think a lot of other devs have the same doubts/feelings. Using this hack is a lesser problem, since it is done inside my own house, but publicly promoting this kind of hack? No thanks. All that said, I agree Vera is behind in terms of integrations.

LOL
I didn’t know only moral developers worked on Vera plugins is a good thing the persons work you used to get your setup working didn’t share your moral highground.

and
I don’t think alexa TTS is really a hack Amazon could shut it down easy if they wanted to is more of niche feature. Same as the harmony plugin not official sanctioned but unless it causes problems they don’t care.

Thamks

I played with this a little on home assistant. Unfortunately the cookie renewal is an absolute pita and it requires indeed to run a node server to automate the renewal. Not really worth it. There is actually no solution anywhere without running additional hardware that I know of. It is complete hack at this point.

It’s not a moral thing, it’s a legal one.