Which devices you would love to have natively integrated into Vera? (Short List)

Hello Community,

Thank you for the invaluable feedback you’ve given on the main poll.
We need some more feedback from you. This is is a short list of devices that require an API for integration.
This poll is ONLY for Cloud/API devices. We will treat other types of devices(Zigbee,Z-wave,RF,etc) later on.

Please Vote. 8)

LE: You can choose up to 3 devices.
LE: If you’re thinking about a device that is not already in the list and it’s known to have an available API, please reply here.

My addition is the Venstar Colour Touch thermostat - great thermo with a open API

Lets all contribute please. The development team will have this as their priority. thanks.

Thanks melih and Sorin. I wish I could vote more than once. :slight_smile:

When Mark Shenker was with Vera he stated the Ring Video Doorbell would never have integration because Ring doesn’t allow any access to the video. Since most users here don’t consider Vera as a need for video monitoring with this type of device what you can expose is the motion sensor to trigger any scene.

On this forum, someone made a Wink API for Vera and you could import Ring’s motion sensor into Vera. If this device should make any close to the top of the list please consider the motion sensor is good enough. The Ring app will handle the video, no need for Vera to do this.

I believe Mark stated that they didn’t want to do any “half” integration but if we apply some common sense to the value of the motion sensor over the video that you would use from your phone’s Ring app it’s still worth it.

Just my 2 cents.

One more question please

It has been stated that the weather in the main landing page of Vera is using the Yahoo API. Rather than installing another app on the Vera, why not let that API be usable in scenes? This could really be top of your list since it is already integrated to Vera, just needs to be exposed so we can utilize pool pump scenes, irrigation, and other triggers for weather such as thermostat settings for non-cloud based z-wave thermostats.

Added Venstar Thermostat, you can vote/change vote now.

Thanks

Sensibo has an API and is great for controlling dumb split system air conditioning systems.

More info here Sensibo - Home Assistant

I’m a bit disappointed neither Ikea nor Google Home was mentioned here…

Google Home is already work in progress, and a demo was already featured on the forum.
Ikea Trandfri is already on our short list.

[quote=“dJOS, post:6, topic:199859”]Sensibo has an API and is great for controlling dumb split system air conditioning systems.

More info here https://www.home-assistant.io/components/climate.sensibo/[/quote]

Added to poll

[quote=“tomtcom, post:4, topic:199859”]Thanks melih and Sorin. I wish I could vote more than once. :slight_smile:

One more question please

It has been stated that the weather in the main landing page of Vera is using the Yahoo API. Rather than installing another app on the Vera, why not let that API be usable in scenes? This could really be top of your list since it is already integrated to Vera, just needs to be exposed so we can utilize pool pump scenes, irrigation, and other triggers for weather such as thermostat settings for non-cloud based z-wave thermostats.[/quote]

Using the Vera weather as the trigger for scenes is a great idea - I’ve reported it to our features list.

I’ve changed the poll to allow 3 votes per user, in case someone wishes to vote multiple devices.

broadlink IR and SONOS are to integrate…

actual broadlink ir manual integration is very complex…
I Think is Two hardware that need to add soon very thank you

No love for opensprinkler? The only reason I use it is because I found it in vera plugins.

Can?t vote with Tapatalk:-(
I would say Sonos and tts is a must but the Sonos plugin works well for the moment. Next I would say a good video doorbell system that doesn?t lock you into online storage plans.
Rippa has already started on developing a plugin for Emby media server which has an api and would give Vera a unique edge as I don?t think anyone else has achieved this yet!
Thread is here:

Vera 2 Emby
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=24007&share_tid=103145&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.micasaverde.com%2Findex.php%3Ftopic%3D103145&share_type=t

Bungiorno,
first of all thanks for the wonderful work you do. I would be interested in the integration of the following devices:

• Broadlink IR
  • Sonos
    I also suggest you to natively integrate the milight / limitless lights even for boxes with firmware above 4 and the products of the xiaomi family.
    I bought my vera plus in front of the presence of that plugin that is now obsolete. I’m sorry to admit that I was forced to buy a home-assistant hub to integrate the devices described above and google home. I hope that with time all these bees are integrated to avoid over time that my vera plus does not become a simple z-wave hub.
    Good job.

Please focus on specific devices, and if already in the list please vote (easier to log)

As for a multimedia server/platform which one would you think it’s most used? Emby, Kodi, Plex, other ?

Added OpenSprinkler. Please vote

RFXTRX…

Kodi has a huge community, if it is most used or not I don’t know.

Yeelight would be great, open API available

Hi Sorin, Melih,

One point of courtesy. You have devices on the list that some people pored a lot of their own time in to create plug-ins for. It would be nice to work with those people and maybe share some credit. As I did with the Harmony plugin. I know from experience what features people have been looking for and what there is still on the short list of features I would like to have time to add, or better ways things could be done. The other developers have that same knowledge, please make use of it.

PS: I’m not looking for any (financial) compensation. I enjoyed working on those plugins, it was my free choice and I am sure you can integrate them better. In the Harmony example Logitech refuses to share information with private developers, hopefully they will work with your team.

Cheers Rene

I like the idea to integrate more and more devices, but where possible I would prefer LAN traffic rather than cloud services.
This just to increase reliability (I want my home automations to work even if i loose internet connection).
For example, Broadlink can be used today with some lovely plugin talking directly to the device…

Please consider the NUKI Door Lock.
It has a well documented HTTP-API.

1 Like

[quote=“reneboer, post:17, topic:199859”]Hi Sorin, Melih,

One point of courtesy. You have devices on the list that some people pored a lot of their own time in to create plug-ins for. It would be nice to work with those people and maybe share some credit. As I did with the Harmony plugin. I know from experience what features people have been looking for and what there is still on the short list of features I would like to have time to add, or better ways things could be done. The other developers have that same knowledge, please make use of it.

PS: I’m not looking for any (financial) compensation. I enjoyed working on those plugins, it was my free choice and I am sure you can integrate them better. In the Harmony example Logitech refuses to share information with private developers, hopefully, they will work with your team.

Cheers Rene[/quote]

Hi Rene, I think it has been mentioned at some point, by Melih, that these plugins will not be simply overtaken. Our developer community has always been part of the core Vera and will be even more than that. I know that maybe the “native” word draws some flags, but I’m sure that Melih will take special care of our developer community. When the transition dust settles for a bit, we will come up with some more updates on the developer community.

For the moment we are focusing on improving the core stability and capabilities as well as offering you better documentation and a bulletproof API for a healthy development environment.

You’re doing an amazing job, don’t stop from what you’re doing.