Which devices you would love to have natively integrated into Vera? (Short List)

Hi,

this is great to see, thanks for inviting us to participate!

Personally, I’d love to see support for the Netatmo thermostat and weather modules.

Thanks
Tony

I would also like to see the Ditra-Heat-E-WiFi Thermostat added, it probably wouldn’t make it onto the “short list” but maybe onto the “long list” :wink:

https://www.schluter.com/schluter-us/en_US/ditra-heat-wifi

Ring doorbell amd ecobee thermostats

As for a multimedia server/platform I’d say kodi is the most popular…that gets my vote!

Hi,

The most devices in the list are in the USA market.
I vote for INTESIS BOX, a gateway to control the most VRV A/C machines. The plugin runs from the browser but not, from the Android / IOS Vera apps.
If it?s not possible, you should study how to control the DAYKIN and MITSUBISHI Wifi gateways

Unless you are significantly growing your development team, I’d rather you spent your efforts on full support of many of the current Z-Wave products. I am still waiting for support for Leviton’s VRCZ4. We need a multi-botton ZONE switch (not SCENE). Pick up on some of the lessons that should have been learned from the X-10 product family. Support for Aeotec’s Wallmote is incomplete.

I would like to see the Doorbird integrated. The published API works very well including triggers to the included relay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another one that would fill a differentiated market need is the MySmartBlinds Hub that currently supports Alexa and Google Assistant both of which are cloud-based platforms so there must be an API to the MySmartBlinds cloud services as well. Have had it on my list to look at but too many other projects are in front of it currently. The MySmartBlinds folks would probably help as they are working on their SmartThings integration currently.

+1 ZWAVE. If I would want an API hub I would never use Vera. Vera is my domotica ZWAVE controller.

for ecobee

please don’t just “half integrate” it

please ensure to include all the sensor data
and the switch+ sensor data as well as switch+ status and ability to turn it on/off as a light switch

Between Sonos and Harmony (I voted for both) I would suggest Sonos first since that app is no longer supported.
(not to mention the tts function is broken… again). Would love to see Caseta back to what it once was as well, although I’ve moved on to RR2, Caseta is getting very popular and the app, when it worked, was great.

Only 3?

Some of those are already quite well integrated BTW.

If I could have I would have voted for BlueIris and the forever lacking Insteon.

I would like to also see BlueIris integration.

Yes, BlueIris would be great to be officially supported. Also, TTS should be included in the support for both Alexa and Google Home.

RainMachine really should be on here. It has the same philosophy as Vera in regards to local control with remote access.

[quote=“reneboer, post:17, topic:199859”]Hi Sorin, Melih,

One point of courtesy. You have devices on the list that some people pored a lot of their own time in to create plug-ins for. It would be nice to work with those people and maybe share some credit. As I did with the Harmony plugin. I know from experience what features people have been looking for and what there is still on the short list of features I would like to have time to add, or better ways things could be done. The other developers have that same knowledge, please make use of it.

PS: I’m not looking for any (financial) compensation. I enjoyed working on those plugins, it was my free choice and I am sure you can integrate them better. In the Harmony example Logitech refuses to share information with private developers, hopefully they will work with your team.

Cheers Rene[/quote]

our first choice is always to work with our own plugin people to see how we can work together.

• Canary
  • Yi Cameras

I would like to see the blink cameras integrated.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

As for a multimedia server/platform which one would you think it's most used?
[b]PLEX.[/b]

I’d also love to work Ring Doorbell and LIFX bulbs into Vera scenes.

Skybell