Why are my scenes being changed?

Ever since the “outage” that Vera announced a few months back, I have been having issues with my scenes being replaced with prior versions that had different functionality in them. I’m running into situations where things aren’t turning on automatically or turning off automatically and it’s starting to irritate me.

Why am I essentially seeing “old” versions of my scenes being restored over the top of existing versions and the functionality being changed?

Anyone from Vera want to step up and tell me why old backup versions of my scenes are being written to my controller without my permission and reverting functionality of my scenes?

I have had this happen multiple times and it’s irritating to say the least…

I’ve never seen or heard of this before. Have you contacted the Vera help desk to open a ticket?

I’ve had bad results with their helpdesk in the past where they’ve accessed my device and made significant changes without informing me first and borked up a lot of scenes that I had. So, no… And I won’t be going that route either.

Sounds like something is corrupted to me. When did the problem first start happening?

Have you tried restoring a backup from before the problems started?

As stated in the original post, this first occurred shortly after the “outage” that Vera had.

The problem that I have is that old backups are being restored over newer ones and changing my setup. I am not interested in doing that “on purpose”. :slight_smile:

Current device is a Secure and was installed about six months ago to replace a Light. My Light ran for YEARS without issues - if this one has a corruption already it’s going in the trash.

What you are describing is very strange to say the least and I’ve never heard of it.

Personally if it was me, I would try and download a backup file as far back as you can from the mios servers and reset the unit to factory defaults and try to restore.

However now the saved backups they might not go back far enough in time, looking at my online backups the earliest one is 22/07/2020.

I would contact support for advice at least, they can only make changes to your system if you enable remote support access for them.

Ask them what is the earliest backup they have on file for your account ?

That outage I think you are talking about was ages ago now.

The outage was only a few months back.

I’m not really interested in going back in terms of backups and starting again as I will have absolutely no idea what the state of things is at that point. I don’t want to have to try and determine the point-in-time status from the backup to then work my way forward with changes and corrections I’ve made along the way to get to where I am now. :frowning:

Incidentally, we lost power on Tuesday and I noticed that the night before, another device had been dropped from a scene and wasn’t turning on according to the daily schedule of the other devices in that scene. The device is still correctly referenced in the scene that turns those devices off, so clearly all that has changed is the contents of the scene that turns them on (in this case).

Its bizarre I’ve never seen this happening on any of my Vera systems. And I searched the forum about it didn’t find anything.

@Sorin can you log a support ticket for him and have them look in to this ?

Thank you.

I’m sorry to hear about this, @ember1205. I see you’ve reached our customer care in the past. Can you please reopen one of your existing tickets or create a new one by completing this form?

Our CC team will get back to you ASAP and give you a hand with this situation.

I will gladly open a ticket, but I will not enable the Remote Support option for the device. My experience with a firmware update that required freeing up space on my last controller was all I needed to never grant that access again… (the tech completely wiped out my controller to do the firmware update then restored it, leaving my controller inoperable for HOURS - and he never told me that this was going to happen before doing it)

I’m sorry to hear about this, I’m sure there’s an explanation for what they did. Make sure you mention this and all the details you have, maybe they can figure this out.