Wifi Bridge Issues

[quote=“luissalvador, post:40, topic:185697”]Yes, I make this.
Pls, See attached picture.[/quote]
The panel on the left is MiLightW which is really a debug tool for White lamps. It should work on either V2 or V3 bridge.

The panel on the right is MiLightRGBW for RGB+W lamps as dimmable lights on the V3 bridge only.

You can use MiLightWU1 to control White lamps as dimmable lights on either V2 or V3 bridge.

You can use MiLightCU1 to control RGB lamps as dimmable lights on either V2 or V3 bridge.

If I had known that there would be so many combinations, I would have used better names for the plugins. ::slight_smile:

Well that’s not cool. How do I get into the router part of the bridge? After configuring the bridge to my home network with the iPhone app, my DHCP router assigned the bridge 192.168.1.7 - When I browse there with my computer, I’m presented with a logon screen.

I used user admin and password 000000 that I found at limitlessled (& here too) but it is not correct.

Is there another step I am missing?

Chris

[quote=“ChrisTheC, post:42, topic:185697”]I used user admin and password 000000 that I found at limitlessled (& here too) but it is not correct.

Is there another step I am missing?[/quote]

No
Http://192.168.1.7/home.html

User admin password admin (if that does not work leave the password empty)

Ah thanks, admin admin worked

Chris

Ah thanks, admin admin worked

Chris[/quote]
PLEASE CHANGE YOUR ROUTER PASSWORD once you’re in, otherwise you are vulnerable to outside ‘attack’ from the nasty sides if the web

David

just remove the default gateway and all is good, and if you do not have any port forwards leading to port 80 on the bridge, you only have to worry about users INSIDE your network.

Do you mean the setting IPAddress(Default DHCP Gateway) in the attached (I hope) screen shot APSettings.PNG. The default is
10.10.100.254. & the DHCP Type is set to Server. That can be changed to Disabled

[quote=“dsroberts1945, post:45, topic:185697”]PLEASE CHANGE YOUR ROUTER PASSWORD once you’re in, otherwise you are vulnerable to outside ‘attack’ from the nasty sides if the web

David[/quote]

Hmm interesting (Not!)

This v3 bridge (firmware version 4.02.08T.25) has 5 pages of settings. None of the pages has an option to change the username or password!

Maybe I have to change the mode from STA Mode back to AP Mode to access more settings.

I’ve configured dozens of routers, this is a little different. I’ll keep fiddling to see what I come up with.

Thanks folks,

Chris

You can set the password using the AT command AT+WEBU

AT+WEBU=<username,password><CR>+ok<CR><LF><CR><LF>

I will post the LimitlessLED Wifi Bridge 3.0 AT commandset manual details up on the limitlessled.com/dev website later this week.

Cheers,
Hamish.

Do you mean the setting IPAddress(Default DHCP Gateway) in the attached (I hope) screen shot APSettings.PNG. The default is 10.10.100.254. & the DHCP Type is set to Server. That can be changed to Disabled
You make the change on [b]STA Settings[/b]. See: [url=http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,14471.msg130497.html#msg130497]http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,14471.msg130497.html#msg130497[/url]

I have a problem, the lights are calling from the middle of the night, what could this be? :frowning:

Do you have the controller connected to the internet? Meaning is the gateway address for the controller pointing to your router? There are posts in in the last few pages describing similar issues. Have you read through them?

• Garrett

[quote=“garrettwp”]OK, I’ve seen them with white labels and think they are the older model for rgb.

• Garrett[/quote]
    Yes my older bridge for the MiLight White and MiLight RGB has a white label. The V3 bridge works with all the lamp types.

[quote=“garrettwp”]OK, I’ve seen them with white labels and think they are the older model for rgb.

• Garrett[/quote]
    That is correct. The previous blue wifi box uses another UDP port and can’t be used for (4) multi-channel color bulbs as the RGBW bulb.
    The old bridges DO support single-channel color and multichannel Dual white luminaries, which work on both wifi boxes.
    The black/yellow V3 wifi box supports all AppLamp Mi Light LED luminaries.

Need help with setup of my Limitlessled Wifi light bulbs.

Been trying for 3 weeks and getting no where.

Have read through this thread a number of times and also
been getting info from internet & one that has internet setup:
http://www.philippinestuffs.com/milight-wifi-controlled-light-bulbs/

I’m ok with computers, but not technically knowledgeable on setups.

Remote & Iphone(not internet) works on Wifi light bulbs

Wifi controller is plugged in the USB port of my laptop.

“Wifi module is restarting. Please waiting (10s)” that’s as far as it gets.

“Link” on module is broken & only “PWR” (flashing) & “SYS” is on.
When I “ping” comes up with “timed out” or “unreachable”

Items I have are as follows:
Windows 7, Vera3, Netgear Router modem, white wifi bulbs, WIFI Controller Version 2 - blue/white label (invoice says version3) and MiLightWU1 install on dashboard.

The following is my wifi controller setup:

Wireless Settings

1. Work type: STA
  2. SSID: OPTUS
  3. Encryption: Enable
  4. Key Format: Hex
  5. Key Index: None
  6. Encryption Key: 12345678
    Network Settings
  7. DHCP Enable: Untick
  8. Fixed IP Address: 192.168.1.100
  9. Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
  10. Gateway Address: 192.168.xxx.xxx
  11. DNS Address: 192.168.xxx.xxx
  12. DNS Name (AP): local.hed.com.cn

Auto Mode Settings
13. Auto Mode enable: Tick
14. Protocol: UDP
15. C/S Mode: Server
16. Server Address: 0.0.0.0
17. Tcp Link Timeout: 120
18. Port Number: 50000
System Information
19. Mac Address: Default
20. Hardware version: Default
21. Firmware version: Default
22. Release Time: Default

================================
CMD - ipconfig
23. IPv4 Address: 192.168.0.xxx (Note zero)
24. Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
25. Default Gateway: 192.168.0.xxx (Note zero)
26. DHCP Server: 192.168.0.xxx (Note zero)
27. DNS Servers: a. 198.xxx.xxx.xxx
b. 211.xx.xxx.xxx
c. 198.xxx.xxx.xxx

Your ipconfig report shows that your local network subnet is 192.168.0.xxx. You will need to set the bridge’s Fixed IP Address: to something in the same subnet so try 192.168.0.100.

Make sure your Wireless Settings are correct. Most people/routers would use an ascii key rather than a hex one by default. If you login to your router/access point you can verify which type it is set to. Note also that Encryption: must be set to the same as your router. Typical values are: WEP128, WPA-PSK(TKIP) or WPA2-PSK(TKIP). My V2 bridge doesn’t have enable as an option…

Once you get the settings correct, the bridge’s Link LED should light a few seconds after a power-cycle. Then you should be able to connect through your home network with a browser to http://192.168.0.100 and get the bridge’s login dialog.

When you get this far, change the ip address in MiLightWU1 to match that set for Fixed IP Address:. Assuming this is 192.168.0.100, if you have the latest version of the plugin, set ip to 192.168.0.100:50000 otherwise set IPaddr to 192.168.0.100 and IPport to 50000

Thanks Rex.

Will try tomorrow, a bit late in the nite.

Got it working finally http://forum.micasaverde.com/Smileys/classic/cheesy.gif
After many many tries.

My Network Settings
7. DHCP Enable: Untick
8. Fixed IP Address: (as per my ipconfig - IPv4 address)
9. Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
10. Gateway Address: (as per my ipconfig - Default Gateway)
11. DNS Address: (as per my ipconfig - Default Gateway)
12. DNS Name (AP): local.hed.com.cn

Q: Would Items 8, 10 & 11 be an open door for outsiders, if using my ipconfig address?
If so, please advise.
I’m not conversant with setting up computers.

Post #1: “Instructions for setting up the Wifi Bridges: Wifi Bridge Setup” not working, just hangs up, cannot download.

Make my end of year holiday worthwhile & my soon away from home holiday more at ease, get to play with the lights. :slight_smile:

Rex, thanks for the help & great effort you have put in for this plugin. Have a great new year…

No as the ip address is internal.
If your router does not forward the access port there is no risk.

The ip mentioned in pos 8 must be different as the one on your computer !!!
Since you choose a /24 network you have 255 choices (change the last block to something else only)

If this is a v3 bridge you may remove the gateway ip (pos 10) completly as many have reportet random behavour, and there is no point for your bridge to connect to the internet anyway.
Just set no10 to 127.0.0.1 or your broadcast ip (same ip ad your computer have but a “0” at the end.

[quote=“nullx8, post:58, topic:185697”]No as the ip address is internal.
If your router does not forward the access port there is no risk.

The ip mentioned in pos 8 must be different as the one on your computer !!!
Since you choose a /24 network you have 255 choices (change the last block to something else only)

If this is a v3 bridge you may remove the gateway ip (pos 10) completly as many have reportet random behavour, and there is no point for your bridge to connect to the internet anyway.
Just set no10 to 127.0.0.1 or your broadcast ip (same ip ad your computer have but a “0” at the end.[/quote]

Ok, will try to fix (fiddle) ip address…hope this fiddling will not muck up my synced light bulbs, took me whole day to do them.
Will do a screen shot first.
The neighbours may think I’m crazy, switching lights on and off numerous times, running in & out of the house looking at the light bulbs. ;D

I’ve got V2 bridge (white/blue label), port 50000 (invoice says V3)

[quote=“RexBeckett, post:141, topic:175037”]I think @nullx8 has answered most of your questions, @sglue.

Post #1: "Instructions for setting up the Wifi Bridges: Wifi Bridge Setup" not working, just hangs up, cannot download.
The link seems to be OK so I don't know why you cannot download it. The same instructions are included in the plugin packages. I've attached it to this post.

You too have a great 2014.[/quote]

Thanks to both of you.

Hi

I decided to follow the instructions that came with the bulbs as it talked about picking my WLAN and switching the device STA so I thought I would I give it a go.

Then with the bridge now on my network I tried logging into it but I get the following screen?

It looks straight forward to do a reset of the bridge, but I was curious if other have a no English interface when it’s in STA mode ? The URL is http://<>/CN/management.html is that the same for everyone else?

UPDATE - I thought i’d have a go at changing the CN to EN. (From china to English) and success !! it changed it to English and confirmed to me that it was the firmware upgrade page !! (Weird that it take me there first?