WiFiUDP Plugin - Controller/Factory for Wi-Fi switches, bulbs, etc.

We’re so sorry. This has been removed at the request of its original developer.

0 Likes

I plan to list the actual devices I’m using in my house, but not tonight. Maybe tomorrow. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

0 Likes

OH how much do I want this to work, [s]alas I’ve followed your instructions, created the device but there is no option setting available.

Similarly, clicking on Control shows a box with nothing in it.[/s]

Reloaded the files and got the device up and running.
Doesn’t work with Tuya devices.

0 Likes

Hi Jim, any chance you could publish this to the app store to make it simpler to maintain?

0 Likes

Howdy, I finally got around to having a play with this and while the install goes smoothly and my Wemo Switch is detected - pressing “add” changes the button to “adding” but nothing every happens after that. I have the UPNP proxy installed and the scan function finds my Wemo device without issues - I just can add it. :-[

0 Likes

Sorry if you folks are feeling abandoned, but…
Cybrmage has asked me to remove the plugin from general availability, which I have done.
Unfortunately, after explaining this in my edit of post #1, I wake up this morning to find that post has been deleted. So, I’m stating here, again, why the plugin has been withdrawn.
In other words, I don’t feel comfortable answering questions/problems on this forum since cybrmage has made his feelings clear.

I do intend to re-write the plugin using none of cybrmage’s code and release a new version in the future but can’t say how long that will take.

0 Likes

No dramas, I got it working, I needed to activate the switch while it was in “adding” state and now it works great.

0 Likes

Doh! WifiUDP has stopped working for me today - It’s showing my Belkin Light as on when it isnt and wont update. I tried re-installing all the files in case it became corrupt but this didn’t help. I also forced an update of the UPNP app but this didnt help either.

I’ll try removing and re-adding the device but it’s weird as this has been working great for the last 2 months.

0 Likes