Window cover UI question

For testing purposes I’ve created a number of window cover devices using the RFXtrx New Device Tab. The UI for these devices includes a slider. I don’t have any actual window cover devices so I’m curious about how this slider is used. I don’t see any window cover devices that have commands related to what a slider control would provide. Can anyone out there share their experience with controlling window cover devices using an RFXtrx transceiver with a Vera Hub?

Well, as you know, with Z-Wave devices this slider is indicating how much the window cover is opened (I’m assuming that you’ve already seen it working with a Z-Wave device, right?).

As most (all?) 433MHz don’t have return channel, this slider is less usefull for 433MHz devices.

Right now, with my Somfy shutters, here is what is happening:

[ul][li]pressing open/up in the UI opens the shutter, and the slider is updated to 100%[/li]
[li]pressing close/down in the UI closes the shutter, and the slider is updated to 0%[/li]
[li]manually moving the slider to 0 or 100% opens/closes the shutter[/li]

[li]moving the slider to an intermediate position does nothing[/li][/ul]

The slider could still be used by an opiniated user, by adjusting it through LUA code after having moved the blind to an intermediate position. I am myself positioning Somfy shutters through LUA:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,33259.msg243825.html#msg243825

I’ve been contemplating updating my lua functions to also update the UI slider, but haven’t dedicated time to it yet.

Somfy blind also have a specific thing for which the slider could be usefull: They have an intermediate position (programmable by the user) which can be triggered by the “stop”/“my” button on Somfy remotes. The “stop” button in the UI triggers also triggers it. Once again, slider could be ajusted through LUA to reflect this.