WINK AND Vera

I was going through some old files on an external drive and found the 2 Wink Connect apps (v0.19 & v0.20) that had been removed from the Mios Apps and is no longer supported by the developer. I want to install them into my VeraPlus, but have yet learned how to sideload apps. I also want to begin modifying the existing code to completly bridge the Wink into my Vera Set-up because the former controller is much better with ZigBee devices compared to the Vera.
Anybody still interested in getting the Wink back up and running along with Vera. Maybe there is way to use Wink’s integration with Google Home Assistant and be able to link Google to Vera cleanly without having to use the Vera Concierge?

Anybody still interested in this?

I’d like to be able to bridge them as well. I’ve moved all Zigbee devices from my Vera Plus to my Wink 2 because of so many incompatibilities. I’m about to start moving Zwave, too if Vera doesn’t integrate with Google Home soon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I am going to work on it this week. I never had any problem with the Wink Connector. I use Wink as an interface between my Wink Relay and some Specialized Zigbee devices that are not covered by Vera. I really need to figure out how to add the Wink Connector by sideloading.

Hi teknokill,

With side loading I assume uploading the files manually and creating a device from that. It is quite simple (this is for UI7).

1. Go to Apps > Develop Apps > Luup files and upload the plugin files, except an png files.
  2. Go to Apps > Develop Apps > Create Device. At a minimum enter the Upnp Device Filename and hit Create device.

If you have png image files for you plugin you must used WinSCP (or equivalent) to upload them to the folder /www/cmh/skins/default/img/devices/device_states/

Have fun. Cheers Rene

Hi All,

How did you make out with this as I too have the Wink up and running on my Vera 3, tried it on my Vera Plus and had a few issues so I removed it. I found that the Wink controller had a lot of files with it and the memory on the very is low so it would be nice to drop a few and take advantage of files already on the Vera. Also the new relay didn’t work right as the switches wouldn’t turn on or off. The temp and humidity were off I this it was a wink issue. If I can help and support this please message me.

[quote=“reneboer, post:4, topic:200126”]Hi teknokill,

With side loading I assume uploading the files manually and creating a device from that. It is quite simple (this is for UI7).

1. Go to Apps > Develop Apps > Luup files and upload the plugin files, except an png files.
  2. Go to Apps > Develop Apps > Create Device. At a minimum enter the Upnp Device Filename and hit Create device.

If you have png image files for you plugin you must used WinSCP (or equivalent) to upload them to the folder /www/cmh/skins/default/img/devices/device_states/

Have fun. Cheers Rene[/quote]

Thank you Rene. I’ll try that. With the holidays and the new year, I had put this on hold. I will try it as soon as I can. What really kept me from doing much of anything was the fact my Damn Internet was down. Now I really realize how important having internet at the house is. I’m so sick of AT&T, so I gave up and went with Spectrum… I really want to set up a neighborhood ISP using Ubiquity Microwave radios, but that doesn’t belong on this forum.
I’ll give you a “Wink” once I get some info.

I hear you about life getting in the way of progress, I finally got around to finish rooting my Wink 1 and come to find out I can’t get it to connect to my WiFi likely due to the old firmware and root. It has all been a learning curve for me, but good way to improve my meager linux/terminal skills. I can connect to the Wink’s setup WiFi signal and send it curl/aprontest commands to operate a Zigbee bulb I am testing. It isn’t the most secure being open WiFi, but this is for just a few Zigbee bulbs and I don’t care if someone hacks them.

So I think I can get the Local control option working if you don’t mind giving us links to the plugin files you have. I am still on UI5 and so I have a bunch of legacy plug-in files, at least the ones I used if you need anything from me.

I was able to find my plug in files, so I’ll look into adding it this weekend.

Did you get this to work? I still have the files in my Vera, but the device isn’t there. I also was able to download the .56 files from another user.

What values did you need to input when you went to create the device? There are a ton of Wink *.json and *.xml files. I’m not sure what to use.

Sorry for not answering. I don’t get email updates from this forum. I will look into setting up my profile to get email responses for replies.

I am going to give openhab a shot and bridge my z-wave devices through Vera. This way I can also add in Wink and the Wink Relay.

Where can I find the last published version of the Wink Plug-In prior to it being discontinued?

QUESTION: Did the plug-in developer create the plug-in as “open-source” so that it is freely available to anyone who wants to extend it or continue to use?

For example, are wink plug-ins similar to a “Git Hub” product available for others to continue or are they proprietary to the owner or some combination thereof?

Brett

Not open source. Otherwise, the plugin could have been left for others to take on. Sometimes removing a plugin is much better than letting it stay to be broken with firmware updates.