www.mysensors.org

Ok, finally!

Enjoy the new site for the sensor build instructions.

You will probably see some downtime during the first days while we tune the parameters.

Nice! A perfect site for a beginner like me!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Congratulations Henrik!

It’s fun to finally launch after 4 months of night writing/drawing and hacking :wink:

Credits also goes to Johan Ekblad (server setup) and Bruce Lacey for giving lots of feedback and input on the writeup.

Feel free to comment the content directly on the site or on the new forum.

Site looks good. Looks like I got some reading to do.

• Garrett

Awesome! Well done Hek!!

This will help a lot. Thanks for the site, it looks great.

[quote=“hek, post:4, topic:180340”]It’s fun to finally launch after 4 months of night writing/drawing and hacking :wink:

Credits also goes to Johan Ekblad (server setup) and Bruce Lacey for giving lots of feedback and input on the writeup.

Feel free to comment the content directly on the site or on the new forum.[/quote]

cool site.

Can you explain how to connect the Pro Mini 3.3V to a sensor? How do I wire the Step Up Regulator

cannot believe I missed that…

THANKS!!!

Oh … wow … that is cool .

I am thinking of making a thermostat by means of a servo.

My floorheating has a special thermostat which I can not change for a danfoss Z-wave one.

My idea is to hook up this arduino with a servo and controll it via vera. I read the tutorial , but it is unclear how the servo is controlled via Vera. Can I tell vera , go to setting 1 ( which is for example 10 degrees rotation) ,setting 2 ( 20 degrees rotation) etc.

Do I have to do this in a scene or are there other means … thanks,
Cor

[quote=“Cor, post:11, topic:180340”]Oh … wow … that is cool .

I am thinking of making a thermostat by means of a servo.

My floorheating has a special thermostat which I can not change for a danfoss Z-wave one.

My idea is to hook up this arduino with a servo and controll it via vera. I read the tutorial , but it is unclear how the servo is controlled via Vera. Can I tell vera , go to setting 1 ( which is for example 10 degrees rotation) ,setting 2 ( 20 degrees rotation) etc.

Do I have to do this in a scene or are there other means … thanks,
Cor[/quote]

You could use a vera dimmer device or roller shutter device to control your servo. Just set dimmer level on vera side. This sends dimmer level to your Arduino. And you turn servo to desired rotation.

Ah , ok …would it be possible to use the servo without a controller , so only with the GUI of vera or some PLEG?

This will be one of my next projects I think.

Thanks,
Cor

… WOW… This is great !

Thank you!

Congratulations Hek! I know this was a lot of work. Great job…and karma to you :slight_smile:

Mike

Excellent work, @Hek. The site is really informative and well constructed. Your code library is also superb. You have made it really easy to get started using Arduino-based sensors and actuators.

I see that you can buy stuff from there (which I plan to, just to support the cause).

I was wondering if you had plans to set up “kits” for specific sensors and the gateway. It would just make purchasing easier. I do see a buying guide, and i will likely go that route for the gateway, but when I start to dive into the sensors It would be cool if I could just go and “buy” everything in one shot to make a “humidity sensor”.

The buying guides are nice though and are a good step and this is just an “idea” :slight_smile:

[quote=“SirMeili, post:17, topic:180340”]I see that you can buy stuff from there (which I plan to, just to support the cause).

I was wondering if you had plans to set up “kits” for specific sensors and the gateway. It would just make purchasing easier. I do see a buying guide, and i will likely go that route for the gateway, but when I start to dive into the sensors It would be cool if I could just go and “buy” everything in one shot to make a “humidity sensor”.

The buying guides are nice though and are a good step and this is just an “idea” :)[/quote]

Unfortunately is the ebay-api we’re using VERY limited. I agree that it would have been great to have a add-kit-to-ebay-basket-call but they don’t allow this.
So, until we find proper resellers or setup our own shop (which we don’t have the manpower to do right now) - the functionality is a bit limited.
At least the affiliate program gives a us few cents when you make a purchase and this will really help us to finance servers and our future crazy plans. Just wait :wink:

Excellent work Hek!
Your website made me take the plunge, I’ve ordered a couple of Arduinos and sensors even tho I’m a terrible programmer and cant tell the difference between watt and volt. Hopefully your easy to follow instructions will guide me so that I’m able to pull through.
I’m really looking forward to see the future of your initiative and plan to donate a ?bro or two to show support. :wink:

Holy Toledo!

Great work, and the website design screams ‘fun stuff here’

Chris