Xiaomi Aqara Temperature sensor

Hello,

I also have the same problem. The Zigate device is well recognized in the Dashboard. When I try the inclusion mode, nothing happens in the box vera. I try to discover a sensor Xiaomi window opening. I use the user manual to put the sensor in inclusion mode (press the button for 5 seconds). Could you help me ?

The device will pair to the Zigate, not to the Vera itself. Iā€™m not familiar with the operation of the Zigate device, but Iā€™m assuming there is some kind of a plugin to support it. There may be a way to trigger pairing from there. I doubt the built in add device mode in Vera is going to handle it. Wish I could offer more help, but my Vera instance is pretty much just for Alexa integration at this point. The lack of support and device compatibility sent me looking for more and, for the moment, I found it with Home Assistantā€¦

Hi Folks,

I just installed a zigate bridge on my vera edge and I am having the same issue. No devices are discovered in the zigate app. For those of you unfamiliar, there is a zigate app which sees the zigbee devices which are paired to the zigate and then the app creates a pseudo Z-wave device which you can manage in vera; atelast thatā€™s how its supposed to work.

I followed the zigate and github instructions:

Installed zigate drivers on my PC
Installed TESTGUI on my PC (this is a serial programmer app)
Ran the steps in TESTGUI which indicated the zigate was seeing my zigbee device
Install lua files via vera apps develop window
configured the serial port in vera apps develop window (as directed from zigate instructions)

With the zigate connected to the vera edge, I used both Vera and ALTUI trying to include the zigbee device (in the zigate app), with no devices found in either case.

The interesting part is that the LED on the zigate responds to all of this activity, indicating ā€œstuff and thingsā€ are happening, but the vera and ALTUI all show no zigate devices found

I also installed ALTUI Alt App Store and installed the zigate app from within ALTUI which returned a response of ā€œsuccessfulā€ so Iā€™m feeling pretty confident that I have all the necessary files.

Does anyone have a zigate working on their vera?

I reached out to vosmont, the author of zigate in this thread here http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,52745.0.html

If youā€™ve got the Zigate (and the plugin) then I donā€™t know what to tell you. I have none of that but I am getting ready to try a few of the sensors with HomeAssistant. If I have to get the gateway, so be it. Still cheaper than zwave sensors and likely work just as good. I have two of the zigbee hinge sensors (NYCE) and they are flawless under HA. Never could rely on them in veraā€¦

Aqara WXKG11LM Smart Wireless Switch Asia Pacific Version on sale for $6.99

what does Asia Pacific Version mean? Are there different frequencies for different countries like z-wave?

https://us.gearbest.com/smart-home-controls/pp_009395405312.html?wid=1433363

Thanks
Jim

Hey folks I got one of these to test and it works natively, still some kinks to iron out but it works

Did you configured anything special to make it work?

yes it works but u may have to hide the first device as it coresponds to 0000=1 cluster

Hello.
richie.digital. How do you hide a device? I have the same issue.

/Lars

Hello from Sweden,

Just a heads up abput ZiGate dongle, Ive recently tried it but it wont work. ZiGate says it should work but Vera said it wontā€¦ Had a long conversation with vera support about it. Tried it with my vera secure.

Although no problem getting refund when sending the product back to ZiGateā€¦

I am very interested in getting IKEA TrƄdfri working on my Vera Secure so if any of you got a good solution, just tell me already!!

// Filip

Hi Filip, buy a Hue hub and connect your IKEA lamps from there. The Hue hub works great with Vera.

// Mats (from Sweden)

Just recieved a couple of aqara temp sensors now, and it popped straight in, works perfectly. :slight_smile:

Even added it sitting 10m away and one story below, no issue at all. good stuff!

looking at http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_Device_Categories there is no Pressure Sensor. I suppose this is why we canā€™t get this from the Aquara.

Sensors still working well, a bit longer between updates than my 433 devices, but seemingly stable operationā€¦ Temp and humidity shows as child devices, and they work as expected, but the main device have been renamed to ā€œgeneric zigbee deviceā€, and shows ā€œwaiting for wakeup to configure deviceā€ for some reasonā€¦

Yeah u can move on of the child devices to the main

Thereā€™s always the generic sensor you can use.

How do i go about doing that?

iu will do a video or write up when my new sensors come in

1 Like

Considering the price of those devices, I would really like to have Vera adding native supportā€¦ To tell the truth I would like to see Vera investing a little bit more in ZigBee (like adding support for versione 3): this would allow me (and probably other users) to get rid o Hue Bridge and Aqara Bridge, thus freeing frequencies aroud the houseā€¦

1 Like

Hi,
Is it possible to add Aqara Window & Door Sensor natively without adding additional zigbee dongle?