You are the valued 0.1%

It turns out, after careful review, the number of distinct Forum members posting during the first 4 months of 2020 is likely somewhere between 500 and 600 (i.e. around 13%, perhaps slightly higher), which ain’t too shabby considering.

2 Likes

Maybe a lot of members are like me. I do read, but don’t post or reply.

Mostly due to the fact that members with much more knowhow than me are already doing that.

4 Likes

We’re coming up on 12 years since the birth of MiCasaVerde and the inception of the MCV Forum (see old Leaderboard below). I joined exactly one year later, and began sorting out the old Wiki pages for them.

Some argue that a working Wiki-like resource would help today’s Vera/ezlo users troubleshoot their units, and to navigate the many(!!) documented “special cases” encountered during setup, maintenance and development.

2 Likes

Well… the statistic said “site visit” - if it would have been posts, agreed, that’s a different topic.

1 Like

I know there was a thread around, I don’t want to reopen it… does anyone know what happened to Richard?
I’ve bought my vera because of him :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep, he’s still around, just doesn’t read the Forum any more. You can email Richard (esteemed Creator of PLEG!) here.

1 Like

Looking at that list there were some really great contributors, unfortunate so many of them left.

1 Like

Yes indeed. Some very excellent people who shaped Vera in the early days.

You may care to read one of their final posts, and wonder whether anything has really changed (this was from back in May 2012…)

3 Likes

Gosh, I remember @Ap15e’s fateful post like it was yesterday! Has it really been 8 long years??

As they say, “Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose.”

No doubt that there is a few super users that is especially essential to the further development of this HA platform, and it seems one of them, Rafale77 is suspended until April 3020? Any moderators who care to explain this? @Sorin?
Do you realize what resource there users actually are?

4 Likes

Get less time for murder.

1 Like

we can reduce it to “life time” to be in parity with “murder”?

1 Like

Haha was it that bad?

I dont know the ins and outs of this whole story. But he was quiet passionate and vocal and seemingly very knowledgeable on the underlying Linux / OpenWRT system of Vera and all its short comings and issues.

4 Likes

Considering that Vera is going EOL and the focus will be EZLO, then it could be appropriate to consider a Vera User Group for those that want to discuss Vera and a EZLO User group for those that want to discuss the new FW, especially as there is so much confusion in regard to which platform is being discussed which is now evident.

4 Likes

Good idea, once we have this information in nails I will arrange some new categories/groups to be more clear about which platform to post to.

1 Like

Is this confirming that “Vera is going EOL” as stated above?

@LibraSun - looking at that list is a bit sad. I went back to try to find some of their old posts and found they’ve been deleted. What’s happening to this once great community!? That and the openness of the platform are my two biggest reasons for still being here. :frowning:

2 Likes

The Vera FW is EOL the current hubs will receive the new Ezlo FW

1 Like

@Pabla It is not yet (officially) EOL but @melih is very vague in what support still will be given and how long. They still sell Vera controllers with Vera firmware !

1 Like

No EOL yet…just that we are not going to spend a lot of development time on it…two different things…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.