From Snooping around on ALTUI and my Halo smoke detector’s configuration, I have come to learn how to manually configure child devices on UI7.
Knowing first of all the Zigbee HA stack has the following endpoints:
0402 = temperature sensing
0405 = humidity sensing
I was able to create child temperature/humity sensors manually for my Keen Smartvent and my Halo. They now normally should be automatically created but the vera occasionally fails to do it leaving you with the read back in a variable within the device but without any child device on the UI itself.
I did all of this on ALTUI because the standard UI tends to reload luup at each attribute change which can mess up things while ALTUI enables you to change the variables and reload luup manually only after you are done.
Now the meat:
- Create a child device with either D_TemperatureSensor1.xml or D_HumiditySensor1.xml and a random Implementation file which will not matter. And give it the name you want.
- Go into the device attributes sections and
- delete the implementation file, leave it blank
- change the id_parent field to the id of the parent device (should be a number)
- edit the altid by grabbing the altid of the parent device and appending the endpoint (0402 or 0405) at the end of the altid. (should be a total of 8 characters)
- change the embedded flag to 1
- Reload luup
and voila… your child device will automatically read the temperature and humidity variable from its parent!