Zigbee dongle

I am not completely sure but based on what I have seen with home-assistant, it is possible. The issue with zigbee and hue is that Phillips like many other companies decided to create their own communication stacks which is not interoperable. Zigbee later created the ha2.0 stack which improved things and now can bring devices from many brands under the same stack/hub but Philips hue had already gone its own way. I did not test this and have a hue2 hub…

Hi, couldnt’t get my hue tap to connect with the HUSBZB, suspect it needs to use Zigbee 3.0 to be able to access Zigbee green power protocol.

Know of any suitable usb sticks which provide access to zigbee 3.0?

Thanks
Tony

Unfortunately not. I have been looking at an alternative zigbee dongle for some time now, more generic so that I can potentially upgrade its firmware but have not taken the leap so far.

Thanks, I’ll keep my eyes open for anything, and let you know if something appears on the market, which would help.

Tony

Hello,
does the ZIGATE plugin work on VERA EDGE?

Not 100%. The current strategies for a lot of people, two years later, is to:

• use something else (ie: Home Assistant, zigbee2mqtt) and create virtual devices, that are sync’ed via HTTP
  • use MQTT with something else (ie: openLuup, ReactorMS, etc)

Long story short: there’s no “universal” way to support external ZigBee dongles without a manual setup of devices.

Bonjour,
After Create a new device in VERA EDGE in “Apps–>Develop Apps–>Create device”, and set “Upnp Device Filename” to “D_ZiGateGateway1.xml”.
impossible Assign the serial port of the dongle to the plugin : go to “Apps/Develop Apps/Serial Port Configuration” and select from “Used by device” drop down list the “ZiGate Gateway”. Set the following parameters :

Baud Rate : 115200
Data bits : 8
Parity : none
Stop bits : 1
I have the message unavailable
The serial port configuration
If you have connected the USB / serial device and it is not displayed here, recharge the Luup.

Merci

Hello,
what is the link to upgrade version 1.3 of the plugin, because the serial port configuration is not available in VERA EDGE
Thank you