Zooz ZSE40 4-in-1 Sensor

I just bought one of these and cant seem to get it to detect motion. I’m using it with a Veraplus. Successfully added it as a generic device and Armed it but It’s not triggering on any type of motion. This is my first motion sensor is there something I’m missing?

Forget it. I excluded then re-paired and a few minutes later it was detecting motion. Not sure why it didn’t work the first time.

let me know how the battery life is on those… I’ve been thinking of picking up a few

let me know how the battery life is on those… I’ve been thinking of picking up a few[/quote]

Nice little sensor, but battery life has been abhorrent as written on the amazon reviews. Installed less than a week, and the battery is already reporting 90%. This is with all factory settings; no changes from the out of the box parameters.

Based on this rate of power consumption, I will have to change the batteries 7 times in one year.

oh wow… thanks for the heads up!

Have had mine for a week. The battery did not budge… You must have gotten lemon AAAs

Nothing’s impossible, but I’d say it’s rather unlikely it’s the batteries. I’m using the Energizer alkalines supplied in the box.

Either way, there’s something wrong for sure. The sensor is now reporting 60%. Down from 90% just four days ago. Crazy!

Nothing’s impossible, but I’d say it’s rather unlikely it’s the batteries. I’m using the Energizer alkalines supplied in the box.

Either way, there’s something wrong for sure. The sensor is now reporting 60%. Down from 90% just four days ago. Crazy![/quote]

It’s been about a week and a half for me and still at 100%. I’d send them an email. They’re pretty good at responding.

How quickly does the Light Sensor (LUX) report - when changes occur?

thx

The zse40 reports luminance and humidity as a percentage. The luminance for example is set to 10% default. That means that whatever the luminance level is at a particular time the sensor will not report a change in the luminance unless it changes by +/- 10%.

Example: Let’s say you have a scene that will turn on a light based on the luminance level of <45. Let’s say the sensor shows a level of 54%. The sensor will not send a response until the level reaches 44% or 10% less than 54%. So being less than 45% the scene will fire.

The following are the parameters and their values:

For Temperature:
The parameter is 1. You can choose 0 for Celsius or 1 for Fahrenheit.

For Temperature:
The parameter is 2. You can choose from 1 to 5 (top number might be higher but why). Default is 1 for +/- 1 degree.

For Humidity:
The parameter is 3. Values are from 5% to 50%. Default 10%. (Do not use % sign)

For Luminance:
The parameter is 4. Values are from 5% to 50%. Default 10% (Do not use % sign)

For Motion:
The parameter is 5. Trigger Intervals are from 1 to 255. Default 3 (in minutes).

PIR Sensor:
The parameter is 6. Values are from 1 to 7. Default value is 4. 1=very high, 7=very low.

Hope this helps.

How do you change these parameters? Like the #6 the sensitivity? I looked into the device options, but don’t see these listed.

http://www.vesternet.com/resources/application-notes/apnt-102

I just got one of these and tried adding it. Did you add as a generic device? When I try to add, I get only low temp, high temp, temp and humidity showing up but no light or motion. Primary use for this is light and motion … Would appreciate any tips here. I’d set it up manually if I have to.

Hi can someone please help with the steps to configure this.
I was able to add it to my Veralite with no issues.
I see two _generic IO, but these remain like a light switch. No temperature or motion displayed.

Please help thank you

Same here, it says it found the device when pairing, then says it exchanged security keys and fails to come up with anything other than GENERIC_IO

I’ve tried pair and excluding many times, waiting for hours and sometimes days to see if it will wakeup to configure…No go

So here goes.
i bought two of these - the first one would never accept the security keys - so back in the box and try it later…

the second one pairs, i see all the features - except motion - it lists it, but vera says “cant detect device” but the other three features are fine…

what am i doing wrong?

Thanks
Tom

I have the exact same problem! The motion doesn’t show up on mine. It shows up as an on/off switch for the other 3 sensors, but nowhere is there a motion device that can trigger a scene or an alarm. I’ve unpaired and delete and repaired several times. I don’t know what is wrong!

Okay, so I think I found the solution. If it doesn’t just appear normally, you have to manually go in and change the device characteristics. Not sure if I’m allowed to link, but this is where I found the answer. Multisensor 6 motion sensor shows as ON/OFF device in Vera UI7. : Aeotec Help Desk

I just added three of these sensors. Is everything working as designed when you made the mods in the link?

How is everyone adding this device? I’m using Generic zwave device, and after three attempts, I’m still not making any progress. Im getting it paired, but it’s showing up as a Generic_IO and a single on/off set of buttons. After a few minutes, I get a “waiting for device to wake to configure” followed by Error cannot connect. Very frustrating.