"Zwave: Configuring Z-wave devices in your system" endless loop

After factory reset you have to go in through home.getvera.com. If it’s showing offline, just be patient. Sometimes it takes a bit to update.

Okay. It’s been about 30mins already. Is there risk of losing backups if I “remove controller” and trying adding it again?

Okay I’m stumped. It’s been over an hour since factory resetting. I can see the Vera on my network but it can’t connect locally (just hangs on green circle of death) or via home.getvera.com (says offline).
Should I reset again or remove controller from home.getvera.com and try adding again?
The fact I can’t connect locally really worries me. Have I bricked it somehow?

Reset it again. Don’t remove it. Try to SSH into it, if you’re able to.

1 Like

Okay thanks. What should I attempt when SSH’ing into it?

Try to check logs and see what’s happening.

tail -f /var/log/cmh/LuaUPnP.log

Check if lighttd is running. Unit could also be reset by command line, in case you want to try it:

/usr/bin/cmh_Reset.sh all

This is what that log command gives me. “Deadlock” sounds ominous whatever that is…

Any ideas what this is? Should I still try sending reset command or doing hard reset again?
No idea what lighttd is.

yes, reset it again. lighttpd is the HTTP server.

this is a “normal” deadlock in Zwave. are you on the latest fw?

I don’t think so. I was advised against updating firmware. Should I do this before anything else? How can I do it from ssh?

Would it cause more issues if I update firmware then restore my z-wave network on a build that was built on a previous firmware version?
Just guessing.

it should not hurt. I’m not aware of a way to update it. try to wipe it. then update. then restore.

When I run the reset command I get “no space left on device”. Could this relate to my issues? Any ideas how to resolve?

yes. try this, at your SSH terminal

rm -rf /etc/cmh-firmware/* /overlay/etc/cmh/ergy* /overlay/etc/mios_backup.info.old /overlay/etc/cmh-firmware/mios* /overlay/etc/cmh/alerts.json /overlay/etc/cmh-zwfw/*

check your free space with

df

be sure to have space left on overlay.

Thanks. After purging those folders my usages were as follows:

Not sure if this normal or sufficient but I’ve now run the reset command without a space error message so I’ve assumed it’s worked. The IP address for the controller has now changed too.
I can’t http to that new IP address though so not sure what’s happening there (maybe this is what you meant by the lighttd thing but have no idea how to activate that with command line).

Should I run the firmware update from ssh? Could you be so kind to let me know what command I should use for that?
(Thanks for help so far btw)

So after resetting, I’ve gone to reconnect Vera again from home.getvera.com and it was successful (it found the controller on the network and completed setup), however it stills shows it as “offline”!
I’ve got no idea why it’s doing this and not showing as connected!

Not sure if this is a problem, but running “df” I noticed that my /dev/root and /dev/mtdblock9 folders are completely full. See below.
Is this normal and if not, would it explain why I’m getting this continual “offline” issue?Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 9.45.48 pm

run the rm command again, and check space. be sure to have at least 70% before upgrade. unfortunately I’m not aware of an upgrade via command line, so if I was you, I’d try to recover the HTTP access.

nope, that’s a different beast. Can you access it locally, now? overlay partition sound good now.

EDIT: to be clear, they are perfectly fine at 100%, since they should be readonly partitions.

okay thanks. I no longer have local network http access to the Vera. Have no idea what’s happening…

EDIT: I can ssh to it though.