Zwave devices offline and online messages

So I have been receiving messages about some individual zwave devices going offline and online. Had this setup for years and never any stability issues until 2 days ago.

Any ideas on how to find the device that?s the problem or resolving the issue?

Running the latest release of the Vera Plus controller software. Mix of zwave and zwave plus devices. No real changes in the last 3 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are any of your battery powered devices low on battery? Sometimes they’re lower than they report.

I had a Zwave plug that kept losing the network for no good reason. I reset it and added it back like a new device. I found it was causing an entire floor of my house to lose the network.

There’s no great way to know what the problem is for sure, so start with the devices losing connection first and then the devices close to them.

[quote=“Nameless, post:2, topic:206816”]Are any of your battery powered devices low on battery? Sometimes they’re lower than they report.

I had a Zwave plug that kept losing the network for no good reason. I reset it and added it back like a new device. I found it was causing an entire floor of my house to lose the network.

There’s no great way to know what the problem is for sure, so start with the devices losing connection first and then the devices close to them.[/quote]
Good advice. A powered device that is acting as a repeater can cause all sorts of network problems. For battery devices, battery levels are notoriously unreliable indicators of proper operation.

Thanks for the feedback. I have reviewed all the battery sensors within the environment; and all batteries replaced. The devices that are reporting online/offline are all wired devices.

I suspect I have a bad or failing repeater; so going to replace those tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have noticed that after the latest upgrade which went really bad with offline controller and calls to support that eventually gave it life again that my battery sensor reports offline and online (normally within an hour) resulting in a flooded mailbox with messages. I have not researched this right know but could it be something about the polling frequency?

Edit: I restored from an old backup (again) and they are back online.

Why is that? would not an AC powered device be an ideal repeater? If not, then what would be?