zWaveRoutes / Quality refresh

Hi Folks!

Guess this is a newbie question, I ran some searches but didn’t find any answers… :-\

I’ve added a few devices to my z-wave network. AltUI displays them in PArent/Child & Zwave pages… but the zWaveRoutes and Quality pages don’t show any of the new devices (just a really old revision of my z-wave notwork). I’ve waited a few days thinking may it would update overnight when UI7 does it’s automatic “heal / update nodes”, but haven’t seen any changes.

Is there something I have to do to manually refresh the zWaveRoutes and Quality pages?

Thanks!

Unfortunately that feature is no more working in ui7.
At same point the zwave changed to auto healing and the way routes and quality is managed is not visible or at least not documented , therefor that feature is obsolete and is just there for backward compatibility or if one day I connect AltUI to other controller types.

Ahh Ok, I thought I was missing something obvious!

Thankyou for the clarification. :slight_smile:

amg0, I have a related question:

Do you know what updates the zwave_heal attribute in ALTUI? Mine has been as old as several months. Some reported it to have a new date everyday.

Really?! I regularly look there and mine seems updated :-[. But maybe then “if UI7 then do not display”?

[quote=“rafale77, post:4, topic:200487”]amg0, I have a related question:

Do you know what updates the zwave_heal attribute in ALTUI? Mine has been as old as several months. Some reported it to have a new date everyday.[/quote]
No I just display it if it is there but I do not add it myself. So maybe some Vera process, or some reliquats of what old firmware was doing… the thing is device attributes and variables stays over time and upgrades…

[quote=“amg0, post:6, topic:200487”][quote=“rafale77, post:4, topic:200487”]amg0, I have a related question:

Do you know what updates the zwave_heal attribute in ALTUI? Mine has been as old as several months. Some reported it to have a new date everyday.[/quote]
No I just display it if it is there but I do not add it myself. So maybe some Vera process, or some reliquats of what old firmware was doing… the thing is device attributes and variables stays over time and upgrades…[/quote]

Thank you. I found out that on my setup, I seem to get a heal shortly after my zwave chip data is changed. It is no longer nightly. If for example I do a reconfiguration of a device which requires not just configuring the user-data.json but also some parameters on the zwave device then within a few minutes I get a heal. It might be coded into the new zwave radio firmware.

[quote=“rafale77, post:7, topic:200487”][quote=“amg0, post:6, topic:200487”][quote=“rafale77, post:4, topic:200487”]amg0, I have a related question:

No I just display it if it is there but I do not add it myself. So maybe some Vera process, or some reliquats of what old firmware was doing… the thing is device attributes and variables stays over time and upgrades…[/quote]

Thank you. I found out that on my setup, I seem to get a heal shortly after my zwave chip data is changed. It is no longer nightly. If for example I do a reconfiguration of a device which requires not just configuring the user-data.json but also some parameters on the zwave device then within a few minutes I get a heal. It might be coded into the new zwave radio firmware.[/quote]

Same here. Mine updates every night when the remote backup shell script on my Linux box (thanks to @rafale77) runs. If you do a local backup with Z-Wave you’ll see it change. I also think this is part of the Z-Wave coprocessor firmware.

Some week ago I (was as stupid as) updated my Vera Pluss UI7 to the latest firmware. This turned out to be a big task. AFter close to two weeks with support I managed to get the system up and tunning (sort of). There was a clear problem with lack og storage so I exrooted the eevice to a external SSD (this was quick due to the exelent work/script of rafael77).

I do hoverwer have very strange behaviour. First a (remote) node came and went . Ok in the morning gone in the afternoon. I don’t know why but it seems that the healing program that runs in the night does strange things. This morning my Zwave network was down no coms with any node. I am just about to restore a backup. The only thing I did was to include a Nodon Octave Remote yeasterday. I am geting very frustrated with Vera. I am using more time to keep it working than my 3 FreeNAS / Windows 2016 serveres added.

My questions are:

How can I debug this.
I see in the zwave map in ALTUI that some of my nodes are connected in a very strange way. Can I edit these connections in ALTUI?
I am fairly new to ALTUI . I find it briliant but very hard to understand how to use it to its full potential. Is there a more comprehensive guide somewhere?
@rafaele77 Can I have a copy of the UNIX backupscript refered to by HSD99 as I guess I can run that from FreeNAS which is based on FreeBSD?
Any suggestions to what I can do?

As @amg0 points out earlier in the thread, the Z-Wave routes and signal quality display no longer work under the latest UI7 firmware. What’s displayed is likely an artifact of the earlier firmware and should be ignored.

[quote=“elo, post:9, topic:200487”]Some week ago I (was as stupid as) updated my Vera Pluss UI7 to the latest firmware. This turned out to be a big task. AFter close to two weeks with support I managed to get the system up and tunning (sort of). There was a clear problem with lack og storage so I exrooted the eevice to a external SSD (this was quick due to the exelent work/script of rafael77).

I do hoverwer have very strange behaviour. First a (remote) node came and went . Ok in the morning gone in the afternoon. I don’t know why but it seems that the healing program that runs in the night does strange things. This morning my Zwave network was down no coms with any node. I am just about to restore a backup. The only thing I did was to include a Nodon Octave Remote yeasterday. I am geting very frustrated with Vera. I am using more time to keep it working than my 3 FreeNAS / Windows 2016 serveres added.

My questions are:

How can I debug this.
I see in the zwave map in ALTUI that some of my nodes are connected in a very strange way. Can I edit these connections in ALTUI?
I am fairly new to ALTUI . I find it briliant but very hard to understand how to use it to its full potential. Is there a more comprehensive guide somewhere?
@rafaele77 Can I have a copy of the UNIX backupscript refered to by HSD99 as I guess I can run that from FreeNAS which is based on FreeBSD?
Any suggestions to what I can do?[/quote]

The tips and tricks is a good start : http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,33305.0.html
but otherwise, it is what s indicated in the readme and/or some PDF located here for the most parts ALTUI/Docs at master · amg0/ALTUI · GitHub

Thanks amg0. I have downloaded the documents from github and translated the French comprehensive docs to English (by an automatic translater) I will study them in detail.

After restoring the network through a backup I left the system overnight and it worked fine this morning. Again attempting to include the controller (Sunricher SR-ZV9001K2/K4/K8 controller. The wb shop selling it included a procedure for changing the parameters/variables and a json file to upload via the app development menus). It registered/included and configured ok but after some minutes again my network collapsed . Entire rooms disappearing, devices disappearing etc. etc. The web shop suggested to contact Vera Support but I do not have the stomach for that and the patience to wait so I think I will return the part.

Any ideas on what I am up against?

No idea, maybe a faulty device flooding he zwave network. Vera support and logs are your friend here I suppose. Vera support is not that bad at all. They are effective but it does take some days…

1 Like

Hi @elo, sorry I did not notice this post until I browsed here. You can use the @ + user name function so I can be notified when someone addresses me. Please PM me your email so I can email you the script.

To my surprise… for the first time (not that I have tried frequently before) this function actually works on UI7…
I have no idea what and how it happened.

I would say, and this is not meant as any criticism of @amg0, since he pointed out that the changes to Z-Wave seem to have largely made this data unavailable, that it now seems to sort of work. I get a display, which was not the case some firmware versions back. It doesn’t always show all my powered devices, and the routes sometime seem very odd.