1101 Camera with VeraSecure Controller

I’ve been working with Vera support for a few weeks, without resolving my problems, so I’m wondering if anyone in the community has any advice on how to fix camera / controller issues that render my system unusable as a security system.

I’ve a 10 month old Vera Secure controller. Software is up to date 1.7.4454. Controller storage shows 22% full.

I’ve a 10 month old 1101 camera … an expensive outdoor camera, but maybe worth the price if it works smoothly with a Vera controller. Firmware V1.0.04R01. The camera is ethernet cabled to the controller via the provided connector (which also powers the camera).

The movement sensor on the camera fires a user defined scene which records a picture and sends a notification.

I’m experiencing four issues:
(1) Camera movement sensor is unreliable
(2) Camera pictures are randomly not stored and auto-deleted
(3) Events are listed on dashboard but not displayed on the events page
(4) Camera seems to be locked into night mode whatever the day/night/auto setting

More detailed symptoms:

• With the default movement sensitivity value of 70, the camera triggered every time a bug moved in the frame. It did at least also trigger when a human walked in the frame, but the majority of the pictures were moths and spiders.
  • The movement sensitivity was reduced by stages down to 1. At every setting it still occasionally triggers randomly, but now at the lower setting it does not trigger if a human walks in front of the sensor.
  • The controller correctly notifies each time the sensor triggers, so the scene is firing OK. The scenes page reports the time it was last triggered correctly.
  • The events on the controller dashboard page list the user defined scene firing and that “Camera sent image”
  • Although events are listed on the dashboard, if I click on any of the events to go to the events page there is nothing on that page.
  • When I go to the camera page on the controller, sometimes the pictures show up and sometimes not. Yesterday there were two pictures listed. I did not delete them. Overnight there was a notification that another picture was uploaded, and today there are no pictures listed under the camera.
  • Whatever value the day/night/auto setting is set to, the pictures and live viewing are always in night mode (ie they are always black/white not color)

I have considered disabling the movement sensor and using a third party movement sensor to trigger the camera, but that seems pointless if the camera’s pictures do not get uploaded correctly to the controller.

I would love to be able to get this working so any advice would be appreciated.

Neil, I’ve emailed you regarding this issue through the same “ticket”, would you please check the email and get back to me using the same “path”.

If not, please send me a private message with the requested information.

cheers!

Thank Ionut - I just replied to your email